We booked this hotel as part of a group for a week from march 25th. It is a large hotel with 350 rooms, seemed to be full of people on all inclusive tours and Spanish people on long stay holidays. Definitely the clientele were mostly pensioners and had all the appearances of having chosen the hotel as a post operative rest home.
The rooms were basic and as it was cold we had to ask for extra blankets. The fridge originally was not working but they fixed it, a day later it leaked all over the floor.
Rooms were clean and cleaned efficiently every day.
Mealtimes were like a scrum in the enormous lack lustre dining room. There were long queues for anything that was being cooked freshly and in the morning for the coffee and juice machines.
It felt a bit like a free for all or a school refectory. Soup/cereal bowls were plastic!!!!
The pool area was in the process of being resurfaced so a large section of the sunbed area was closed off. The pool itself was a good one although a little cold.
There was an indoor pool with a charge.
The size of the spa area was really small in proportion to the size of the hotel. The gym was free.
There was free wifi in the lobby from 1 to 3 in the afternoon. I paid for 3 days connection (our guide said it was 72 hours but it wasn't) and could still only get connected in the lobby areas.
All in all it was a problem.
On the plus side, the hotel is in a good location with easy access to the beach. Staff were efficient and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acclaimed Hotel in Puerto de la Cruz and located almost 100 metres from Playa Jardín, one of the last projects by Canarian artist César Manrique. The Gran Hotel Turquesa Playa offers a wide range of services which cover the needs of all our clients. Our Welcoming facilities, including our Wifi spot, will satisfy all kinds of clients, adults and children, since we have all the necessary qualities to make your stay with us comfortable and enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Onthebeach, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Gran Hotel Turquesa Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gema Turquesa Playa Hotel
- Turquesa Playa Hotel
- Gran Turquesa Playa Hotel
- Gran Hotel Turquesa Playa Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz