We had a wonderful vacation there. Hotel is located on a hill some 5-8 min from town (taxi/bus) with an amazinig view of the Atlantic ocean. Staff is friendly and it is clean. So lets start with some hotel details. (we had a suite as we are 4 people)
+ Clean and cozy
+ Rooms are quite big. This includes the bath as well - for a hotel it's huge (jackuzzi bathtub, bidet)
+ Beds are really comfortable (drapes have almost a full blackout if you need it)
+ Large balcony
+ There is a kitchen box with a sink and cooking top.
+ 3 pools - one is right infront of the hotel the other two are located to the side (one is a childrens pool), all are made suitable for small children too and are cleaned on a daily basis.
+ Animation is nice. There is a kids club - nothing fancy but twice a day, Ivan, is making sure that the children have fun.
+ There are 2 pool tables, cheep once :)
There is also football and a ping pong table
There is a chess graound with big figures :) Real fun to play with
+ View of the sunset from the furthest pool is really good
+ There is a shuttle bus to Puerto De la Cruz 5 times a day free of charge.
+ No minibar which is plus for me but there are 2 bottles of mineral water and 2 juice for a small fee should you need it.
+ You can hire a car for a reasonable prise directly at the hotel so you don't need to order in advance.
+ Down the hill there is a bus stop and you can catch busses pretty much to everywhere. Although keep in mind taxis are cheep compared to most of europe.
+ There is a Lidl shop where you can buy some food and drinks. There is also a mall on the other side of the highway but the walk is about 15-20 min because you need to go over a roundabout.
+ Washing machines are avaiable as well.
• Tennis courts are avaiable - didn't use them so i cannot comment on the quality
• The walk down the hill is not the easiest.
• Food is avarage, diversity at lunch time was lacking a bit. (something to rant about is tomatos - they are just awful although they are fresh)
• There is a safe in the room but it's is payed so I'm not that happy about it but i guess that is all over Spain for resort hotels.
- Internet is not free of charge and though it is inexpensive I would have expected that you can use it in the room not only in the lobby :(
- Cocktails are not that good in the lobby bar, the espresso too, also the tea selection could do better (if you want good coffee and cocktails I would reccomend to go to Caffe Amanusa in Puerto de La cruz - Calle Hoya 12)
If you have AI you have access to the drinks and the local alchoholic drinks which is nice and there is always food and drinks during the whole day. You can also upgrade to AI if you want.
All and all it's worth going there and I would go again :_)
Trourists are mosly of german speaking origin so the personal has sometimes trouble speking english so be aware of that.
We enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star hotel Las Aguilas is located at the top of a mountain, surrounded by gardens of 10,000 sqm, with a spectacular view over Puerto de la Cruz and the Orotava Valley. It is just 3 km away from the city centre and from the beaches of Puerto de la Cruz and thanks to its easy accessibility this hotel is the perfect location for your holidays or your business trip. All of the suites dispose of one bedroom, one separate living room, a bathroom with Jacuzzi and a spacious balcony or terrace with wonderful views over the sea or towards the mountain Teide. Furthermore, all suites provide air conditioning, telephone, hairdryer, satellite TV, large beds, rental safe and refrigerator. Refresh yourself in the two swimming pools for adults (one of them heated in winter) and one for children, surrounded by ample gardens and areas with sunbeds. Try the variety of snacks and small dishes a la carte at our Snack Bar next to the pool and relax with the panoramic sea view. In our restaurant Amaltea you may enjoy the buffet with live cooking and theme nights and spend some time on its terrace with the amazing view over the Orotava Valley. The Vulcano Show Bar provides a large variety of drinks and international cocktails as well as an evening programme with shows and live music. During the day we invite you to participate in our activities for adults as well as for children (mini club for children between 4 and 12 years). You may reach the city centre of Puerto de la Cruz several times a day with our free bus service. WiFi is available in all rooms, the use of WiFi in the hotel lobby is free of charge. In 2005, the hotel was completely reformed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo, Southall Travel and TravelUp so you can book your Hotel Las Aguilas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Aguilas Hotel
- Las Aguilas Tenerife
- Las Aguilas Suites
- Hotel Las Aguilas Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz