We spent one night in September, wish we had stayed two. In our stay on Tenerife, we stayed at four hotels and this one was the best hotel we stayed in. You will definitely need a car, but the hotel is in good condition, rooms were big and clean and the staff accommodating. Would recommend the all inclusive option as it was good value and the food and drinks were plentiful. The place is bigger than it appears. It has three pools (two adult and one child). If you have never stayed on Tenerife, you will find the northern side of the island to be cooler and cloudier than the south or west.
If you decide not to go for the all-inclusive then the junior suite had a kitchen but it is not well equipped, but it did have a mini-fridge.
Two complaints: No Free Wifi and for dinner they wanted men to wear trousers (dress pants).
I am on a beach vacation and don't tend to bring dress pants (my fault but think this is a bit old fashion)
The following are the pluses and minuses:
+ Big Rooms
+ Nice Hilltop views
+ Tastefully decorated
+ Good Food and drink selection (all inclusive)
+ Free Parking
+ Great Pools
- A bit out of town
- A kitchen but no plates or glassware or cutlery
- No Free WIFI
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star hotel Las Aguilas is located at the top of a mountain, surrounded by gardens of 10,000 sqm, with a spectacular view over Puerto de la Cruz and the Orotava Valley. It is just 3 km away from the city centre and from the beaches of Puerto de la Cruz and thanks to its easy accessibility this hotel is the perfect location for your holidays or your business trip. All of the suites dispose of one bedroom, one separate living room, a bathroom with Jacuzzi and a spacious balcony or terrace with wonderful views over the sea or towards the mountain Teide. Furthermore, all suites provide air conditioning, telephone, hairdryer, satellite TV, large beds, rental safe and refrigerator. Refresh yourself in the two swimming pools for adults (one of them heated in winter) and one for children, surrounded by ample gardens and areas with sunbeds. Try the variety of snacks and small dishes a la carte at our Snack Bar next to the pool and relax with the panoramic sea view. In our restaurant Amaltea you may enjoy the buffet with live cooking and theme nights and spend some time on its terrace with the amazing view over the Orotava Valley. The Vulcano Show Bar provides a large variety of drinks and international cocktails as well as an evening programme with shows and live music. During the day we invite you to participate in our activities for adults as well as for children (mini club for children between 4 and 12 years). You may reach the city centre of Puerto de la Cruz several times a day with our free bus service. WiFi is available in all rooms, the use of WiFi in the hotel lobby is free of charge. In 2005, the hotel was completely reformed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Las Aguilas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Aguilas Hotel
- Las Aguilas Tenerife
- Las Aguilas Suites
- Hotel Las Aguilas Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz