“Grubby, dated and not in Puerto de la Cruz- don't go there”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Panoramica Garden

Panoramica Garden
Ranked #61 of 80 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
“Grubby, dated and not in Puerto de la Cruz- don't go there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We booked through Expedia, wanting a cheap place to stay as we wanted to spend our vacation budget on excursions and seeing the island. It was advertised as Puerto de la Cruz but it is in fact a 20 minute drive away and inconvenient for those wanting to see the city! Our door didn't lock so we didn't feel safe leaving our belongings, the were electrical wires poking out of the wall, the bathroom wasn't clean and had mould in it. We weren't expecting luxury as it was really cheap but we did expect it to at least be clean and where it said it was! We had originally booked for 2 weeks but we didn't even stay one night. Hope this helps

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank smith1507

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Downham Market, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Don't be fooled by the address, it is a 5 euro day rate taxi ride, or half an hour walk from Peurto de la Cruz.
The Reception Manager who always appears to be on duty in the day is quite the rudest person I have come across working in a hotel.
I have not stayed in the hotel, but visited, seeking out entertainment. I was begrudgingly given a coach tours leaflet. But when returning to book a trip, was told I could not book trips as I was not a guest. Felt I should of been told this on my previous visit as he was aware I was not a guest, and I would not have wasted my time.
When needing temporary accommodation for a month, I was advised by a friend who himself rents a studio apartment in the hotel @ 280 euros a month, that there were apartments available. When I attempted to book an exact same studio, the unfriendly rude receptionist advised me that the price was 750 euros.
My advice? Don't bother with this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank sluicerat

Travellers are raving about these Puerto de la Cruz hotels

Rochester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

We have just returned from Tenerife and stayed at the Panoramica Garden, Los Realjos. There was an outdoor pool which was very nice. However, there was no one staffing the bar, so service was bad. There was no karoake, no disco, not near beaches, no one staffing the bar in the 'entertainments' area. In fact, there was no entertainment. Hardly any staff at all in hotel. Listed as having solarium but a thorough search revealed no such thing (if anyone knows where it was hidden let us know). There is a free bus service in the form of a bus pass for the local bus. However, if you go out at night you can't get back (last bus we found was 8.30pm from village) as the service from Puerto Cruz does not run after about 9.30pm, so taxis all the way I am afraid. Having said that the staff were very pleasant and helpful. But there is nothing to do at all in the area. The local village is very quiet with nothing open but a few bars here and there. If we return we shall stay in a hotel in Puerto Cruz, which is a buzzing, friendly resort.

Room Tip: Both sides of the hotel are good, we were overlooking mountains at front of hotel, and son had room...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Barbara D
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Great views front and back of the hotel. Some of the back rooms don't get direct sun. Good for some, not for others. It is NOT near any beach. But I short. No problem bus ride to Pueto has all you need.local shops and cafe bars great.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank rbinscotland
Cornwall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Booked just one night on a tour around Tenerife. Pleasantly surprised. excellent value for money. Comfy spacious room, with kitchenette and kettle which is always welcome! nice bathroom. nice breakfast, on site parking All in all, yes, very nice, only minus point was lady in high heeled shoes in the room above who did a lot of walking around after midnight with the shoes still on, this is hardly the hotels fault = i am sure she would have been stopped if i had rung reception and complained! - tiled floors do carry noise, but apart from that very comfortable.

Room Tip: Its a tall hotel, so if you haven't got a head for heights request a lower floor room. On
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sian l
Lilongwe, Malawi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

As has been said before, It's probably not the best location for holidaymakers, but I stayed here for Christmas and it is walking distance from my friend's house. I knew the hotel before as I used to live in Los Realejos, which is the nearest town (not Garachico or Puerto as stated in many ads). The hotel does run frequent free buses to Puerto and back, which saves on taxis.
Check-in was fuss free and speedy, and the reception staff were polite and spoke fair English. The room (1007) was clean and pleasant, and provided for all my needs (apart from internet connection). There is a small kitchenette with 2 rings and a fridge; enough pots, pans, crockery and cutlery for 2 people. The beds are not the best, but ok to get your head down for the night. The bathroom was clean and also met my needs for a 9 night stay; bath/shower, sink, toilet and bidet and enough fresh towels which can be changed daily.
I payed 15€ for use of the safe in the room, which also provides you with insurance of up to 1800€ I believe. The room was cleaned daily to a good standard, and the staff were cheerful and polite.
The room price (300€ for 9 nights including Christmas) included breakfast. Breakfast was between 8 and 10am, and was a self-service buffet. There is definately something for everyone here, from fresh fruit and cereals, continental, churos, cold cuts, hot eggs and bacon, even chips (or fries for non-uk readers). Tea, coffee, fruit juice and hot chocolate were freely available. I didn't eat at any other time so I can not comment on the restaurant at any other time.
Overall the hotel is very good value for money, and is walking distance to Toscal village, where you can buy just about anything you need. It would not be my choice for a first time holiday to Tenerife, but for me it was perfectly located and met all my needs. The only thing I would like to see changed is the availability of internet in the rooms, and not just a small wifi hotspot in the reception area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank KnightD69
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

If I'm going to be totally honest, this is not the place I would want to come for a week's holiday. However, we just needed a bed for 2 nights and were price-driven and this gave us exactly what we needed.

I agree with other posters that if you want to be in Puerto de la Cruz, this is not going to be for you. Neither is it near the beach. If you have a car, this is no problem. The hotel itself feels like it's way past its heyday but it has been well looked-after and although feels dated, it isn't really shabby.

The room was huge, 9th floor with sea views, balcony, small kitchenette and good-sized bathroom. One negative thing is that the walls are paper thin and if you enjoy listening to next-door's TV or early-morning arguments then this shouldn't bother you. There are no frills, it's basic but it is spotlessly clean. There is a decent selection for breakfast and plenty of room for parking but just don't expect much luxury.

There are plenty of places to eat in the village, a supermarket and some bars so it's not in the middle of nowhere and I'm sure the TITSA bus service stops closeby to get to all the main places up and down the coast.

Room Tip: High floor, sea view
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank raqueluchi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto de la Cruz
Finca La Hacienda Rural Hotel
#62 of 80 in Puerto de la Cruz
Apartamentos Teneguia
Apartamentos Teneguia
#39 of 80 in Puerto de la Cruz

Been to Panoramica Garden? Share your experiences!