My fiancee and I booked a week here via Teletext/ Lowcostholidays. The only issue we have had with the holiday is a dispute, which is ongoing with Teletext and Lowcostholidays, in that the price advertised on Teletext was 15% cheaper than the actual price at the time of booking and for a day after booking too! Each blames the other and have seem to forgotten the humble holidaymaker who has been disadvantaged. The Advertising Standards Authority are now investigating the issue on our behalf, as potentially a number of Tenerife holidays offered by the pair of them were being misrepresented on Teletext for at least 4 days. So treat the prices being displayed by Teletext/ Lowcostholidays as indicative only, and don't be surprised if when you phone up the price has suddenly 'just gone up'!!
In terms of the holiday itself, we booked a hire car for the week via HolidayAutos, who subbed it out to Avis - a nice VW Polo, which we collected at the airport - no hassle at all, and the same cost as the price of the transfer.
We arrived at about 10pm after a 1 1/4 hr drive. Easy to find and the hotel had plated up some cold meets, cheese and fruit in the restaurant for us, as they stop serving dinner at 9.15pm out of season.
The hotel itself is very big and a little in need of modernisation, but the rooms are big, lovely bathrooms and nice sized balconies. We had a room on the 5th floor overlooking the mountains, which was great. Beware the rooms on the ground and first few floors, as the Hotel Semparis will obstruct your sea views if of that side of the hotel, and the balconies won't be very private if you're on the mountain side on those levels.
The food was great. We were all inclusive. Large selection of hot and cold food in the restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Beakfast had freshly prepared omlettes and pancakes, as well as all the usual cereals, fresh fruits, cheese, salami, hot beakfast items, breads, yoghurt, etc. At dinner, there was also something freshly prepared too e.g. chicken or tuna steaks. Otherwise for lunch and dinner, there was always a big choice of salads, cold meat and fish, hot dishes, such as paella, fish, pork, turkey, pasta and vegetables. No-one went hungry!
Drinkswise, the beer is the Spanish beer, Estrella - one of my favourites. Botttles Estrella in the restaurant, otherwise on draught elsewhere in the hotel. The wines are fairly cheap, but drinkable. Soft drinks in the restaurant are bottled e.g. Pepsi, Pepsi Lite, etc. and are on syphon otherwise. All the usual spirits are freely available, albeit not the premium brand labels.
The Interpalace is opposite the Bonanza and Canarife Palace, and you have access to all 3 of them. The Bonanza bar at the front of the hotel is the nicest, especially if you get tired of the plastic cups from the pool bars and fancy a drink out of a glass!
There's a gym in the Bonanza, but not much there - a bike, some free weights, no treadmill, no rower. We took tennis racquets and played once a day, either at 8am or 6pm for an hour.
The resort is pretty quiet, with some shops and restaurants a few minutes walk away. Puerto de la Cruz is about 15 minutes walk downhill. Bit of a trek back up, but fine if you're reasonably fit. Worth a visit - it's a beautiful port with loads to do. We went on our last night instead of staying in for dinner, as we were getting bloated by food, and instead found some really cheap Spanish tapas bars round by the part of the port where the fishing boats are kept - not so glamourous but nice tapas at 3 euros a dish.
Weatherwise was great, but it's definitely cooler there than at the southern end of the island. For a day and a half we had very thick cloud, 21 degrees and no sun, so jumped in the car and headed down to a quiet part of Playas de las Americas for some 28 degree sun and heat.
If you have a car, take a drive up to El Teide - not for the faint-hearted and take some warm clothes in case you want to go up the cable car at 25 euros each, as the temperature at the summit drops to freezing temperature.
All in all, a decent, value for money, typical Spanish style holiday. Quiet resort with a mix of Spanish, Germans and English. As usual, some of the Spanish hotel staff could do with trying to crack a smile now and again, and that's even after speaking in Spanish with them. If you want something very luxurious, this isn't it - this is equivalent to a large 3 star hotel in the UK. But if you're on a budget like we were, and are after decent food, and a nice quiet beak in the sun (albeit beware of the cloud), then this is it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Interpalace is the ideal place to turn your holiday into a truly unforgettable experience. Located near the city centre of Puerto de la Cruz on the island of Tenerife, one of the largest islands of the Canaries with its spectacular beaches, it is the perfect destination for couples and families alike. The quality of the hotel and its beautiful surroundings in a peaceful residential neighbourhood will allow you to relax and enjoy your stay. Tenerife offers a wide range of activities for both nature and culture lovers with the presence of the volcano El Teide and the black sand beaches and with the impressive Carnival de Tenerife celebrations. It is also worth visiting the beautiful city of San Cristobal de La Laguna which was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO during your stay. All of the rooms within the Blue Sea Interpalace are designed and equipped to make your stay as pleasant as possible. They have a separate bathroom and a terrace or balcony. There is also a mini bar and a safe (surcharge). During your stay, you can enjoy all the amenities of the resort such as the outdoor swimming pool, restaurant and tennis courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Onthebeach, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Sea Interpalace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotasa Interpalace Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Blue Sea Interpalace Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz