My wife and I have just returned after a 10 day stay at this hotel.
Ignoring and the less preference attitude towards the English speaking guests started on our arrival at the hotel reception to check in. Though my name was there on the list of arriving guests for the day, the receptinist seemed reluctant to accept my arrival and was asked to wait as he could not find my booking. After half an hour we were allocated our room.
The room cleaning and changing of the towels had to be reminded every alternate day at the recption.
Though I speak, read and write, reasonably fluent English, most of my requests for local guidance/information were either ignored or rejected under the pretext of not understanding my enquiry.
The same miserable looking reception staff jumped to attention with broad smiles and chirpy loud tones to greet and chat to the guests from Germany and Spanish from the main land.
To confirm our return transfer to the airport I made 2 local phone calls lasting not more than 3 minutes each to A2B Transfer's office for which I was charged 11.88 Euros. My repeated requests for clarification/break-up of the charges was ignored by the reception with one and only reply " Bill correct, you pay".
The staff at the bar and the restaurant were better. The food was varied and of a good quality. The other guests from Germany/Spain/France/Britain, etc were friendly as well.
I have been to more than a dozen European countries on a holiday but never experienced such anti English attitude from hotel management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Interpalace is the ideal place to turn your holiday into a truly unforgettable experience. Located near the city centre of Puerto de la Cruz on the island of Tenerife, one of the largest islands of the Canaries with its spectacular beaches, it is the perfect destination for couples and families alike. The quality of the hotel and its beautiful surroundings in a peaceful residential neighbourhood will allow you to relax and enjoy your stay. Tenerife offers a wide range of activities for both nature and culture lovers with the presence of the volcano El Teide and the black sand beaches and with the impressive Carnival de Tenerife celebrations. It is also worth visiting the beautiful city of San Cristobal de La Laguna which was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO during your stay. All of the rooms within the Blue Sea Interpalace are designed and equipped to make your stay as pleasant as possible. They have a separate bathroom and a terrace or balcony. There is also a mini bar and a safe (surcharge). During your stay, you can enjoy all the amenities of the resort such as the outdoor swimming pool, restaurant and tennis courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo and Onthebeach so you can book your Interpalace by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotasa Interpalace Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Interpalace By Blue Sea Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz