“I liked it!”

Blue Sea Interpalace
Ranked #69 of 82 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My friend and I stayed there from 23 rd of July for 9 nights,all inclusive.We we're possibly only 2 single women there..so not suitable for singles or groups looking for a party.Many couples and families with kids,English,Germans,Spanish,Polish.Save your sunbed from 5 am?
We stayed on the grass but who cares,it doesn't matter.
Food!- as both of us aren't fussy at all,we were never hungry !Plenty of meals to choose from.
Breakfast:pastry 4 types,fruit,yogurts,cereals,eggs,baked beans,bacon..at least 10 types of bread.baguettes etc.
Lunch and dinner :my fave were any type of fish they had offered ,salads,paella,rice,their special paparika-mojo rojo sauce is very nice dipping chips in it -so yummy!.also beef,chicken,pork,musaka,onion rings a lot more there were fresh veggies,fruit-watermelon ,papaya,oranges,grapefruit,kiwis..etc..desserts,cakes,creamy ice cream usually at dinner time ,very delicious pistacio or chocolate one.
All inclusive snack time -pizza,hot dogs,burgers,ice cream,fruit plus any drinks alcoholic or non alcoholic,coffee..
We've got the Atlantic ocean view from our bedroom and it was lovely,5 out of 10 days were sunny rest quite cloudy maybe only 22-23 *C.but still nice .it takes only 15-20 minutes to walk down to the centre..warning !-loads of steps..so we had a good workout walking back up those steps.;))
Our bedrooms were cleaned,air con was working:)We could use other facilities in other 2 across the road hotels..like jacuzzi,steam room or sauna.
We were only dissapoined that Puerto de la Cruz doesn't have a golden sand beach but black sand..there is Logo Martianez with natural sea water..but you pay for entry 4,50 euros.plus sunbeds etc..I am posting few pictures too.

Room Tip: Ocean view is the best!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SissiO_12

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Me and my boyfriend booked 10 nights all inclusive. I was surprised at the previous review speaking highly of this hotel but then realised they stayed across the road! We are always open minded about our holidays as you get what you pay for and make a holiday your own. I found the staff at reception miserable and rude despite always being smiley and polite with them. Any Spanish or German tourists would be spoken to first despite us being there before them. This attitude seemed to echo nearby with resteraunt staff serving non English customers before us even when we have been sat waiting 20 mins and they have just walked in. Breakfast was nice-no problems there although I found it difficult to choose food in the evening as it didn't look that appealing. Rooms spacious with balcony and fridge etc but air con is pathetic. Speaking to a number of guests they had one day of their aircon working. I mentioned ours being broken on four occasions to reception each time being told they are all broke and someone will be coming to fix tomorrow (never happened!!) gave up in the end. Hotel entertainment was poor but we ventured out most nights to avoid it. Help your self bar is a good idea for daytime but at night I would like more choice of drinks and some decent service as those are the special touches you expect for your money. Maids were nice and cleaned our rooms daily! Oh and we were lucky 9 out of 10 days we had sun this isn't always the case so be prepared for cloud! Tips: visit loro parque, Siam parque and the man made lake it's lovely. Free bus outside bonanza hotel, get a list of times at your reception.

• Stayed: August 2012
7  Thank Justshell12
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Looking at the more recent reviews I am so pleased they are slightly more positive ...... although the occasional whinger is still there!
My boyfriend and I got to Tenerife on 30th July and stayed there for two weeks ...... as a teacher I couldn't wait to get away until I read the reviews on here and it put us both on edge!
However we couldn't have been happier! It is only my opinion but I wanted to address some of the things people were moaning about!
Serve your own alcohol - It's great ...... no queues and LOADS of variety ..... as for people saying kids could help themselves I find that difficult to believe as there was always two members of staff in the tent keeping an eye on people.
The food - People have moaned about there being sprouts at breakfast, this is true. I avoided the sprouts and would eat from the wide range of food, like sausgaes, 3 types of eggs, bacon, cold meats, cheese, beans, pancakes, fruit, bread, croissants, chipped potatoes do I need to go on?
The staff - I found the staff most helpful and very kind .... particulalry the catering staff who were really sweet. The reception staff were always friendly and helping us with info on buses, where to go, where to eat, etc. One of the nicest people there was the guy on reception who helped us with our bags at 2am when we were depressed and leaving. I find that if you are polite to people they will be polite in return
The pools - Pools were not dirty when we were there we saw them being filtered every night, there is always a very quiet indoor pool for people to use, or the spa in the interpalace.
The town - yes the town is a 20 minute walk away, but you can jump in a taxi for three euros and shop, eat and drink to your hears content.
The guests - Alot of people have moaned about there being too many Germans and Spanish people ...... I didn't find them a problem AT ALL. The only person there was an issue with was an english woman!!
The food in the evening - I'm not going to say too much about the food because the variety was MASSIVE and people like different things, my boyfriend and I loved it but people are soooooo different with their tastes in food, but I do have to say it was always hot and you could be healthy (salad, veg and meat) or slighlty less healthy (chips, pizza, etc). As for not catering for the British ...... your on holiday, I guess if you want British food you could stay at home :)
The entertainment - Yes true not good at all .... we went into town a few nights or just sat by the pool drinking cocktails blanking the entertainment out lol!!
We had a fantastic holiday (we stayed in Canerife hotel which is part of the resort) it's just a shame we were so nervous about going after reading some of these picky reviews. Your holiday is what you make it and we loved the hotel!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Jessica L
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My fiancé and I spent 7 nights here at the end of July 2012. We booked for the 'Blue sea interpalace' but when we arrived they told us we would be staying in the 'Canarife Palace' which is on the other side of the road next door to the Bonanza (all 3 hotels are part of the same chain) we didn't mind though as they're all the same.

Hotel/rooms - The hotel was pretty simple but nice enough, however it's definitely not 4*, maybe 2.5 We had a double room which was huge, quite old fashioned though but had a nice balcony and the bathroom was very nice, the room was cleaned twice during our stay. Our air-con and safe did work but I did hear a few people at reception complaining that theirs didn't so I think we got lucky! The safe is 3 euros a day and you need to collect a card at reception in order to use it.

Food - Buffet food, ok for choice, breakfast was nice. Some things were pretty random such as Tripe! but over all we ate well all week and I'm quite a fussy eater. Although my fiancé did have duck one night and found 3 pretty large pieces of plastic in it where it hadn't been unwrapped properly. If you eat the olives be warned they still have the pips in them! Chipped a damn tooth on one! The last night I only had some chips but my fiancé had a bit of everything from the buffet and he got extremely bad food poisoning (and I'm talking projectile vomiting the next morning as we were walking to the coach that took us back to the airport!)

Swimming pools - You can use any of the pools at the 3 hotels which was a nice bonus however be aware that there are hardly any sunbeds! We spent 3 out of 6 days lying on the grass, despite getting up at 8am all the beds were gone!

Entertainment - Awful...just awful!

Beach - The beach can only be described as a total [--] hole! It's maybe 200 meters long max and the next beach is an hours drive away! It's black sand for about 5 meters towards the sea and then turns into large stones which then turn into rocks so it's not a nice walk on soft sand into the sea, it's more of an ankle breaking terrain to get in! The beach in Southend on Sea, Essex is nicer! Water was freezing and the beach was covered in rubbish, we also couldn't see anywhere to rent sunbeds/umbrellas so we left after 15 minutes however there is a lagoon next to the beach which is a series of very large man made salt water pools and fountains, it was 4 euros to get in but is well worth it, be warned though the water is freezing!

General area - The town is lovely and goes on forever, lots of places to eat/drink and pretty much all the shops are basic tourist shops. Recommend you go in the evening about 7-8pm as that's when it gets busy and is a nice place to be at that time. We did want to go to 'Loro park zoo' or the 'Siam water park' but found out at reception that both are over an hour’s drive away, in a taxi this would have cost a bomb. Since the beach was awful we spent the entire holiday at the pool in the Bonanza so if you do want a bit of adventure go some else, apart from the town there's nothing else around at all.

All in all we had a nice time because we were together but would we go back? Not for all the tea in China!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jenni B
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a week from August 5th 2012 and we enjoyed the resort and parts of the hotel.
First the good parts. Resort really nice and relaxing the old town is really unspoilt and a oy to walk around
Also the views are outstanding
The Bluesea hotel have nice but standard rooms and the food as mentioned is good in the morning but after can be very strange. As a vegetarian i do no not expect much but with children as well the choice was very limited
The bad bits. we had 2 rooms and non of the air con worked, the pool was not very nice and had a drain smell, but we used the pool in the Bonanza which belongs to the Bluesea which is really good. The trouble is everyone as the same idea and this can get really busy especially with people putting towels on sunbeds at 5am in the morning?

Overall for the price you get what you pay for we went all exclusive and the good thing was it was not cut off from everything and you can venture out

Room Tip: all rooms are the same
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Colin B
Reviewed 8 August 2012

i went 27th july to 5th aug booked though online company transfer took 2 hrs from airport so arrived at 3am. room was very big and airy didnt have a good view but thats not the bee all and end all. bathroom was big plenty of hot water good working shower toilet and sink. the food was nice and very hot. the pool was cold but thats what u need as it was very hot when i went. drinks were help yourself to coke, 7up, orangeade,lemonade, cocktails beer sangria and loads of bottles of vodka etc. the pizzas were my favourite. the sunloungers were hard to get as ppl put towels on them at 5am and i didnt want to get up that early. i would say ingnore the wingers and book this hotel u wont be dissponted

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank ann marie s
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Very nice hotel on the outskirts of Puerto de la Cruz. The rooms are very spacious and stylish. The buffet (all inclusive) was varied and very diverse. Since I had a room to the mountains this was very quiet. The price / performance ratio unbeatable hotel. I was night show at the Bonanza Palace.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends