Firstly, let's address the 4* rating. This is not an AA rated 4* hotel. Ratings are obviously completed against the local tourism board standards. However in my view, the hotel does not deserve all the negative ratings. My wife and I have just returned from spending the week there on a half board basis. We are very fussy when it comes to hotels. I am disabled with mobility issues so certain things are important to us.
Location - the hotel has a really great location above the town of Puerta de la Cruz. The views from the back of the hotel overlook the Atlantic (4th floor and above). The views at the front of the hotel overlook the mountains ( 4th floor and above). You can book coach transfers from Tenerife South airport and the journey time is about 1 hour 15 minutes depending on traffic. If you hire a car, the drive is straightforward enough. A taxi down to the town centre is between €3-4 Euros each way. If you like hills it is a 20 minute walk downhill and longer uphill on the way back but the views are spectacular. There are lots of bars, restaurants and cafés near by but it is not noisy. It also felt very safe to walk around at night.
Accommodation - please ensure that you book an upgraded on upper floors. The first room we had was very basic, dark and on the ground floor. We moved to another room on the fourth floor and it was very nice. The beds were comfortable but firm, they are single beds pushed together. We had a great sea view, OK there was a bit of road noise and you could hear the waves but I found it was worth it when you opened the curtains in the morning and you had a wonderful view of the Atlantic. The bathroom had a very good shower with great pressure and lots of hot water. The sink, toilet and bath are easy to access if you have back and hip problems as I do. The beds are a bit low down but it is manageable. There is plenty of storage space and the room has a safe (local charge of €21 per week). Wi-fi access is €25 per week and the signal is variable albeit very good in the lobby.
Hotel in general - there is one disabled parking space at the entrance to the hotel. I used my blue badge with no problems at all. Otherwise it is street parking albeit the main road is level walking. My wife and I found the staff to be pleasant, professional and kind. I make a point of always travelling with a phrase book and this makes all the difference. OK, the carpets are a bit worn but as someone else has said, it is not a problem if you don't want to roll about on them. We found the food to be plentiful, of good quality and variety. The veg was a bit soggy but otherwise we did not have a bad meal there. There are pools but we did not use them. Every night before dinner, a local trader was at the entrance to the restaurant so you have an opportunity to buy some really nice products at great prices. At the end of the stay, you can store your luggage at the hotel whilst waiting for your transfer.
So, if you want to stay somewhere where the staff are great, the location is beautiful and the food is great then this could be the place for you.
Remember, think UK 3* and that will manage your expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Interpalace is the ideal place to turn your holiday into a truly unforgettable experience. Located near the city centre of Puerto de la Cruz on the island of Tenerife, one of the largest islands of the Canaries with its spectacular beaches, it is the perfect destination for couples and families alike. The quality of the hotel and its beautiful surroundings in a peaceful residential neighbourhood will allow you to relax and enjoy your stay. Tenerife offers a wide range of activities for both nature and culture lovers with the presence of the volcano El Teide and the black sand beaches and with the impressive Carnival de Tenerife celebrations. It is also worth visiting the beautiful city of San Cristobal de La Laguna which was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO during your stay. All of the rooms within the Blue Sea Interpalace are designed and equipped to make your stay as pleasant as possible. They have a separate bathroom and a terrace or balcony. There is also a mini bar and a safe (surcharge). During your stay, you can enjoy all the amenities of the resort such as the outdoor swimming pool, restaurant and tennis courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Lastminute, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Onthebeach, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Interpalace by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotasa Interpalace Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Interpalace By Blue Sea Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz