The accomodation itself was good in this hotel. The bedroom and bathroom were nice.
The bed, balcony and bathroom were all good.
The location is excellent; mountain backdrop, a street of really nice shops, cafes, bars, restaurants, and a nice view down the hill to the sea.
What surprised me was that the hotel exterior and interior was much more faded than I expected. I would say it is a 4 Star Hotel (from 20 - 30 years ago), coming up for a refurbishment. e.g. The carpet is badly warn in places (e.g. on the public stairs) and there were bad coffee stains / worn-in dirt on our room carpet. It could really do with some repainting etc.
We booked half-board. The breakfast was fine. I am vegetarian, and I struggled most evenings to find anything really. Many innocuous side dishes, apart from the main meat/fish dishes sneak bits of fish/meat in unexpectedly, so you have to be vigilant. A lot of the salad ingredients are pickled, German-style. So I cobbled together what I could.
Most things were extras. There was one free English TV Channel (BBC World News). The rest you had to pay approx 25 Euros for the week.
The Safe in the room was approx an extra 15 Euro for the week.
Wifi use was an extra 25 Euros for the week, and reception was not strong throughout the build (reception was badged as the wi-fi zone).
It seemed to be the culture to charge extra for everything, but many of these things are standard / expected, especially for a 4 Star hotel.
The staff were generally friendly and helpful. One of the waiter's in the restaurant made a really special effort and was really fun and welcoming always.
The hotel welcome pack is really missing. I did realise that some of the hotel faciltiies were there until the end, because no standard information pack was provided in the room.
It is in a great location. If it is refurbed a bit, puts together a good information pack for the rooms , offer more vegetarian options for dinner, and the hotel changes it policy of charging excessively for extras it could improve and stay competitive in the market.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Interpalace is the ideal place to turn your holiday into a truly unforgettable experience. Located near the city centre of Puerto de la Cruz on the island of Tenerife, one of the largest islands of the Canaries with its spectacular beaches, it is the perfect destination for couples and families alike. The quality of the hotel and its beautiful surroundings in a peaceful residential neighbourhood will allow you to relax and enjoy your stay. Tenerife offers a wide range of activities for both nature and culture lovers with the presence of the volcano El Teide and the black sand beaches and with the impressive Carnival de Tenerife celebrations. It is also worth visiting the beautiful city of San Cristobal de La Laguna which was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO during your stay. All of the rooms within the Blue Sea Interpalace are designed and equipped to make your stay as pleasant as possible. They have a separate bathroom and a terrace or balcony. There is also a mini bar and a safe (surcharge). During your stay, you can enjoy all the amenities of the resort such as the outdoor swimming pool, restaurant and tennis courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Onthebeach, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Interpalace by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotasa Interpalace Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Interpalace By Blue Sea Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz