Our first experience of this hotel was being given keys to a room that already had someone else in!! We walked in to see someones feet sticking out of the bed so we made a quick exit. The guy on reception couldn't have apologised more and soon sorted out another room which had a stunning view of the sea.
We found most of the staff polite and friendly but there are always a few, especially the lifeguards, they are obviously in the wrong job.
This is definately not a 4* hotel, more like 2*. I have to say our room was cleaned daily and in good condition but most of the communal areas were looking very tired and worn, the stair carpets were threadbare and the corodors were in desparate need of repainting. The safe in the room never worked despite several attempts by the staff to fix it and we weren't the only ones having the same problem and there were none available in reception.
The food was ok, a bit repeatative but you get what you pay for and there was always something for everyone. Watch out for the crocery though, most plates/bowls had chips in them and not the edible type!
The entertainment was absolutely appalling, we found only two of the three hotels had any and they always alternated the "better" shows between these two meaning there was never enough room to sit as guests from three hotels would try to fit in one. Not that the "better" show was really worth watching but as these hotels are in an area with nowhere else to go (there was only a karaoke bar and a couple of small bars within walking distance and the karaoke never opened until midnight) you were pretty much stuck. Thank God for the self-service bar is all can say lol. Their idea of entertainment is so far off anywhere else we have been, these acts would get kicked out of your local pub.
On the whole, the hotel is pretty much what you would expect for your money but the entertainment let it down badly and due to the area it is in you should expect early nights. Peuto de la Cruz is a great place if you want a very quiet holiday and has a lovely town centre, taxi fares are really cheap.
I Would recommend going to Loro Parc which is just up the road, a fantastic day out and reasonably priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Interpalace is the ideal place to turn your holiday into a truly unforgettable experience. Located near the city centre of Puerto de la Cruz on the island of Tenerife, one of the largest islands of the Canaries with its spectacular beaches, it is the perfect destination for couples and families alike. The quality of the hotel and its beautiful surroundings in a peaceful residential neighbourhood will allow you to relax and enjoy your stay. Tenerife offers a wide range of activities for both nature and culture lovers with the presence of the volcano El Teide and the black sand beaches and with the impressive Carnival de Tenerife celebrations. It is also worth visiting the beautiful city of San Cristobal de La Laguna which was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO during your stay. All of the rooms within the Blue Sea Interpalace are designed and equipped to make your stay as pleasant as possible. They have a separate bathroom and a terrace or balcony. There is also a mini bar and a safe (surcharge). During your stay, you can enjoy all the amenities of the resort such as the outdoor swimming pool, restaurant and tennis courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Onthebeach, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Sea Interpalace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotasa Interpalace Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Blue Sea Interpalace Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz