“Fabulous evening”

El Taller Seve Diaz
Price range: US$28 - US$51
Description: Nuestro restaurante “El taller Seve Díaz” es un espacio con una oferta gastronómica personal y en la que se cuidan pequeños detalles. Para nosotros es muy importante la calidad de la materia prima y el tratado de las mismas. Le damos muchísima relevancia al servicio en sala que es el complemento fundamental para poner en valor nuestra oferta. La intención es proporcionar al cliente una experiencia “de placer” junto con el lugar, la decoración y la atención del personal.
Reviewed 17 October 2016

We were seriously impressed by this restaurant and it is well worth booking in advance. It is smart and modern in decor. Service was helpful and unobtrusive and we appreciated the choice of local wine from La Orotava. Little touches like the chilled soup, hot breads and flavoured butters. Also olives, plantain chips and at the end, tiny rich truffles. All were the trimmings of an excellent meal. Everyone cleaned their plates and every morsel was enjoyed. We thought the bill was more than fair and would have had to look very hard in London for this quality and it would have been double this price.
A fabulous evening.

3  Thank UnaW

Reviewed 9 October 2016

Thats correct, no positive stars. Pity you don't do minus ratings. We booked a table for 4 earlier in the day initially. The staff member entering our details in the reservation book was surprisingly unfriendly towards us. That evening we arrived 10 minutes early at 7.50pm. The restaurant was full apart from the first table just inside the front door. A tall waiter showed us to this table. We sat down quietly, politely and were friendly to the staff which was not reciprocated.There was a strained atmosphere for some reason. Then a small waiter appeared and I ordered a bottle of wine for myself and the 6 course tasting menu. My wife and friends ordered wine, starters and main courses. The waiter was officious and very unfriendly throughout. We all got the distinct impression he didn't want us there. He then marched off towards the kitchen area and a couple of minutes later returned. He then told us we would have to leave because that table was only for tasting menu meals. There was no "sorry" or any signs of compassion at all. He was extremely rude in his words and hostile demeanor. All the other diners were watching and must have thought we hadn't booked or had done something wrong, which we hadn't. When we had first booked no-one had asked us whether we would be having the tasting menu. Our order was a big one and they wouldn't have lost money on it.It included my tasting menu. They didn't offer us any alternative to leaving. He treated us as if we were dirt, verbally and in the way he looked at us. We are all late 60s and acted perfectly politely throughout. Too politely and friendly we said afterwards! As we got up and quietly left we felt like naughty schoolchildren and everyone watched us. We are angry at our treatment now and cannot understand why. We got the impression that they may have had someone else lined up for that table, if not they lost a lot of money getting rid of us and from any future business we might have given them.

29  Thank Carol S
Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

After struggling to find many decent restaurants our whole week in Puerto de la Cruz, we were so relieved to have found El Taller. We arrived on a Wednesday evening without having booked and despite this, they were more than happy to sit us. The restaurant itself is modern, cosy and very clean. The menu was well thought out and all the dishes looked beautiful, which made it so hard to choose! We also loved the fact that they had taken the time to put together individual menus for Spanish, German and English languages- it was a refreshing change not to have to search through a giant menu just to find the right translation. After much internal debating, my partner settled on the pork and I on the cod. While we waited, we were treated to some amuse bouches of cold tomato soup (not gazpacho!) which literally left me speechless. It was velvety, creamy, fragrant with basil and pepper and so so fresh. I could eat it for the rest of my life and die happy, it was so glorious. My main course was also delicious with delicate flavours and a perfectly cooked piece of cod. I tried some of my husband's main as well and the pork was melt-in-the-mouth good. We of course obliged when offered the dessert menu- my husband chose the rice pudding and I went for textures of chocolate and orange. Both puddings were beautiful and delicate with wonderful dimensions of flavour (and of course texture!). Another nice touch was at the end of the meal when the bill arrived and we were given some handmade chocolate truffles.
We can confirm that the number one spot is definitely well deserved of El taller. The attention to detail in every respect of the restaurant was a wonderful surprise in Puerto de la Cruz and to see such passion for food was so lovely. I cannot fault the night at all.

2  Thank Emma B
Reviewed 30 September 2016

At first glance looking at the menu we were not sure to go or not. But bring in number 1 on Tripadvisor thought we should try.
This is by far the best restaurant in Puerto del a Cruz. Food and service amazing it is worth the little extra you pay... Highly recommended.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank Robmoore1973
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a nice/special place to eat as we were on our honeymoon and by jesus did we found it.

This place as perfect in every way, very clean, but simply arranged. I don't think more than 20 people or so. Most of the tables were set for two, which made it very intimate for couples.

The food was delightful, every bite. The plates were also finely tuned as was the dining experience.

We had a 6 course menu that only came to 92 euros including drinks which i found to be so cheap that I had to leave a 25 euro tip. I was that impressed.

Bravo chef and staff, you made our honeymoon complete.

Lots of love and we will be back!

Date of visit: September 2016