Occidental Santa Cruz Contemporaneo
Adeje, Spain
“Ok”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed here for one night
. Hotel contemporary decor, check in ok except they wanted passports and we are residents in the south so don't carry our passports they finally accepted our NIE.
Room was adequate shower very good and nice quality toilet paper!!
We only had one set of towels for two, but a call to housekeeping they brought extra quickly.
Floors were wood throughout so very noisy when walking on corridors.
Breakfast to look at was very nice, to eat and drink was bad. The hot food was cold, the juices were watered down and horrible. The sliced bread was only fit for toasting as it had gone hard with being exposed.the cheese looked watery and slimy I didn't even try it.
Our friends had a triple room which was so tiny you couldn't walk round beds.
The hotel is as I have put completely average wouldn't stay again but only because of breakfast, it's the worst I've had anywhere I stayed before.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

stayed for one night in Santa Cruz with my son after a regatta. Quiet room, free parking, free internet, great breakfast. Reception staff helped when my car broke down. Cant complain really. Not a tourist hotel but for me that was a plus

Room Tip: 610 was ok - at the top and quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank renaissanced
United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed here back in Dec 2012 for one night before joining a cruise ship. From the outside this hotel is on the main street and doesn't seem like the nicest and looks actually quite small. However one i entered i was pleasantly surprised. Very modern, clean and the staff are friendly. I arrived at about 10.30pm and was still able to have a three course dinner which was lovely. The restaurant again was modern and "trendy" with people stopping by from outside to have a drink in the bar where there are sofas for big groups of people. My room was also very nice with everything you needed. Bed was also very comfortable. The view of the street is not amazing but for my stay it was not bothered about this. Breakfast in the morning was buffet style with all the continental options laid out and if you wanted to order hot food the wait would take this from you.

Overall a lovely stay from a hotel that is on a busy street. Would recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank tw1gg133
Tinajo, Spain
Reviewed 16 February 2013

This is the second time ive stayed in this hotel. The reception is modern and well laid out with comfortable seating. The reception staff are courteous and friendly.

This time our room was disappointly small, so we called reception and were immediately directed to a larger room, without any fuss.

The rooms are modern and well furnished and kept spotlessly clean.

The hotel bar has a fun atmosphere with surprisingly good entertainment - live Latin music with an fun outgoing talented singer, who gets up and dances if the clients are willing. I love it!

There is a small outside terrace to the bar, with comfortable seating and protective glass walls to keep the wind away.

The hotel is well located on the main Ramblas road, close to the most wonderful park.

We got a great rate opting to have room only - in Santa Cruz there are so many wonderful restaurants, bars and cafes it would have been a shame to be restricted to eating in.

I would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room, they do have a few tiny ones!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Thomson Air made a big mistake with our flights back from the Cape Verde Islands ( no one realised that after a delay in the Gatwick to Cape Verde flight in, that the cabin crew would be over hours in getting us home and therefore could not! You'd have thought this would have been worked out when they left Gatwick late but no.....it wasn't realised until we were sat on the Tarmac in Cape Verde, waiting to leave) !!! So they took us to Tenerife, and then bused us to this hotel, arriving at just before one in the morning ( with three kids, one seven and three year old wins......great!!!) Thompson put us up here before a rescheduled flight out the following day. The staff here were so helpful and polite, especially considering they were descended upon by 200 angry Brits at one in th morning. They were efficient and fast at getting everyone checked in. Our rooms (inter connecting) were smart, well appointed, very clean and spacious. Considering the situation, the place was a saviour of a rubbish day and we are very grateful to them. If we were to ever return to Santa Cruz, we would certainly consider a return here under nicer circumstances! Than you.

Room Tip: Rooms 600 and 601 are Inter connecting, and very nice - makes a great family suite
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BenBarribal
Horsham, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I was moved here for 3.5 weeks in feb 2012 by my insurance company after my wife needed brain surgery in santa cruise, the room was clean and basic but the food was awfull all meals were geared toward the spanish I could only find cerial or bacon for breakfast and evening meals had to be taken in the bar after 8pm, this was full of spanish with very little seating to be found there was a weekly basic menue for those on half board again geared toward the spanish when meat was on the menue it came raw the chicken and pork blead all over the plate I complained several times and was told that I should ask for it well done, the bar manager was a large bully boy type he made sure all the spanish were served and fed before I was served then I was hurried along as if to get me out of there asap, the meal size was that of childs portions and many times I had to eat out after being fed at the hotel, the nightly atmosphere in the bar was not that of a place that I would like my wife to have to endure, I realise this is was in the city but felt very unwecome in this hotel all in all

Room Tip: The room I had at the rear was fair but overlooked a small courtyard and there was some noise at nig...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank carl w
Paris, France
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This hotel was the airline's choice, not mine. As our flight was delayed, about 20 passengers were ferried here, arriving at 7 am, with full board paid by the airline as we were staying until midnight. It looks smarter than the Adonis Plaza, which I had left several hours earlier, but there is no comparison in terms of service and actual comfort. The location is out of the way. My room was small and dark, overlooking an interior glass-roofed courtyard. Apart from the people on duty at 7 am, who spoke good English and were helpful, the daytime staff only spoke Spanish and were surly. The one place with natural light and air was the bar with an outside terrace, but they informed me that the tables were booked so I had to perch on a stool. The service was grudging and slow and when the food finally arrived it was so dry and tasteless that I left most of it. I was told, none too politely, that if I preferred bar food to the set menu, it would be chargeable. I later heard that other passengers had been charged extra for milk for their baby. I was very glad to have stayed elsewhere in Santa Cruz and to know that this experience was not typical, as it was not a happy note on which to end my holiday.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
#28 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
Hotel Colon Rambla
Hotel Colon Rambla
#2 of 17 in Santa Cruz de Tenerife

Been to Occidental Santa Cruz Contemporaneo? Share your experiences!