We chose this hotel for a post-cruise couple of nights as we have stayed in "Silken" hotels before and know the standard is really good. Plus it is close to the bus station so ideal for exploring the Island. The annual "Carnaval" festivities were in full swing when we were there so it was nice to be out of the thick of it but able to watch the decorated floats pass by as they went on their way to the main procession. We asked for a high floor and were put on the top floor 8, all that was above was the fitness area and roof terrace - no extra charge for the machines, Jacuzzi and showers with free towels which could be used with sun beds. We were able to make use of the latter on our last day. The view of the city from here and the scenic external lift was really stunning. It was very busy when we arrived mid morning, business people had been staying then the hotel was to fill up with "Carnaval" revellers. The extremely friendly and helpful staff told us our room was not yet ready so we left the luggage and got a bus to Puerto de la Cruz, a delightful holiday town well worth the visit. Our room had a good view too and was not noisy at night despite all the festivities which went on well in to the early morning. Really comfortable bed, spacious accommodation and well equipped bathroom, one couldn't ask for more. The bar and restaurant were modern in layout but offered a snack and full menu although not open till 2030, a bit late for us. We made use of the friendly bar though and later lots of guests dined here and all the food looked lovely tempting us to a plate of "Iberico" ham available any time - delicious! The free wifi was web-only so the ipod did not work. No problem as the mall 2 blocks down the street, the "Tres de Mayo" centre had good free service in the central hall areas. Special mention must be made of the breakfast. We booked inclusive B&B otherwise it would be 16 euros each. However, the quality of the offerings make it a gourmet meal on its own. Excellent quality cold meats, local cheeses, any amount and variety of fruit, bacon and egg for those missing home(!) although when in the Canaries, eat their food! Santa Cruz is well worth another visit and this hotel is ideal plus it is near to the large department store "El Corte Ingles" as well as numerous other shops and a couple of malls. Lots of local style bars especially down the street opposite by the petrol station. Food served all hours here and they serve the local beer "Dorada" which is very good. For those who miss a beach in the city, a ten minute bus ride takes you to "Las Teresitas", a lovely artificial one of Saharan sand!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Silken Atlantida, located in the new financial and commercial center of the city of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, the capital of the largest of the Canary Islands and on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean. Santa Cruz is an ideal city for walking and shopping, know, love the island cuisine and enjoy the best cultural programming.The Hotel has 144 rooms, which are distributed in 96 comfort, 8 deluxe, 8 junior suites, and a total of 32 rooms on the executive floor "Silken Club." These rooms with great space, light and modern decoration. All offer shower massage, choice of amenities, free safe, free wireless, digital television and double or queen size bed and planta Silken Club also has a separate hall with free Wi Fi internet connection, 24 hours coffee, tea, milk, fresh fruit and pastries, as well as daily newspaper, shoe shine and a pillow menu. A unique product in the capital of Tenerife.The Hotel has seven conference rooms with capacity for up to 400 people, all of them very versatile and equipped with the most modern technology.The Hotel has a Gastrobar where you can enjoy a refreshing suggestive with a selection of wines and champagnes.There is an excellent relaxation area to start or end the day in the hotel terrace where you can enjoy our jacuzzis, saunas, fitness-center or in the solarium, while you can see the best view of the city, likewise, also has ample parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silken Atlantida Santa Cruz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silken Atlantida Santa Cruz Hotel Santa Cruz De Tenerife
- Silken Atlantida Santa Cruz Tenerife/Santa Cruz De Tenerife