“a small but worth visiting museum”

Museo de Belle Artes
Reviewed 4 January 2014

a very small museum, with some local painters. two great historical painting (the defence of Zaragozza and something about a battle against aztec soldiers) great historical 19th century painting

Reviewed 1 January 2014

It wasn't a good start when the local security men, couldn't direct us to it.
Pleased we didn't pay, but it was a pleasant diversion. Not worth visiting if time limited.
Some good large paintings, some fairly inferior stuff, reminded me of a small town gallery of local work. However the war paintings at the top were worth pondering.

1  Thank CatherineBath
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Loved the price - free! An eclectic collection of modern art (lower floors) which I rather enjoyed and not-to-my-taste dark religious art that was considerably older. Lovely building.

2  Thank Mary Lykes
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I visited on Sunday when entry is free but I was unable to see the modern art What I did see was not outstanding but did include a number of works on loan from the Prado which were worth a look. I guess these are rotated every so often.

2  Thank Stuart Rhodes
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My husband and I visited the Museo Municipal de Bellas Artes in Santa Cruz de Tenerife. The museum is located across from the park and the door is easily missed, as there in not a large sign announcing the museum. Admission was free and we were able to tour two floors before the museum closed for the afternoon. Art is also displayed along the staircase and common rooms. The mix of art was fascinating. I truly enjoyed the Fallen Idols display by Vicente Lopez - very thought provoking! Another room featured works by Pedro Gonzalez. The "red room" has more “old world” art. I would recommend this museum. It is within walking distance from the cruise port.

1  Thank MNSandSeeker