All reviewstraining collegesafe parkingmobility problemsferry tripfirst floortermescalatorsatnavconveniencespaineurosenglish
Reviewed 24 July 2017

This hotel is not easy to find - our satnav struggled - but is worth the effort. It is based at a training college for the catering industry and apparently does good food when in term time. Unfortunately the college was on holiday when we visited in July - so no restaurant. We had a good big room with lots of space and a great bed. It opened onto a spacious patio and good views. It is a ten minute walk to the town centre - downhill. The walk back up is assisted by elevators in the street. There is a good local restaurant nearby however. Santander is an interesting town and we could have stayed longer than our two days.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Now, this is hardly the fault of the hotel, but our satnav made a pig's ear of finding the hotel and we had to stop twice and ask some friendly locals to direct us. We still arrived there before another group from the ferry, who had suffered similar problems. Santander is hardly a good place to drive around, as there is nowhere to stop, even temporarily.
Anyway, having found the hotel, the welcome was both warm and friendly, and the room was super with an outlook over the rear grounds, and a spacious bathroom. Loved the colourful decor too.
Breakfast was a good continental mix, very fresh, and the dining area was cool and relaxing.
We found it ideally situated for a stroll into town for the evening, and a lot easier to find on returning by foot.
So, if you want a good starting point for your European adventure, look no further. This was ideal

Room Tip: Overlooking the rear grounds was lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brimble
Reviewed 8 February 2017

Was due to stop at this hotel for one night two nights before catching the ferry back to the UK, however at the last minute the ferry was cancelled for the second time in 4 days so we thought we would be stuck for a hotel.
However Las Carolinas came to the rescue and managed to squeeze us in for the extra night.
The hotel is a trainning school for chefs/cooks and we had the opportunity to sample their skills on the Friday night (The resturant is not open Saturday or Sunday).
I have to say we didn't have a meal - we had a dining experience, we were served six courses of supurb quisine that would cost you a small fortune in most top quality hotels.
The room we had was very comfortable, it had TV, telephone and a well appointed bathroom.
The bed was very comfortable and the room was serviced every day and I have to say the whole hotel was sport less, we couldn't fault it and will definately be using this hotel as our regular stopover from now on.
There is a lovely garden to wander around and it is only 10 minutes from the ferry port.
All the staff are very friendly and so helpful and most speak some English.
Breakfast is Continental style and is all fresh, plentiful and more than adequate.
There is plenty of private parking in the hotels own grounds but when booking you do have to reserve parking.
Overall I am quite happy to recommend this hotel and I am sure anyone who stops there will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear offer a view of the gardens.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neill R
Reviewed 26 December 2016

I spent a single night here during late October when my wife and I visited my brother in law who lives in Santander. It was such a brief visit that I wasn't sure how to rate it. October is clearly out of season and I'm sure it's a bit more lively during holiday season. The hotel is located in a rather bland residential part of town and there's not much to do in the neighbourhood in the nighttime hours. The advantage is that the hotel has ample parking and is very reasonably priced.

We checked in quite late in the evening and it was a friendly and helpful reception. The room was fine with quite a good old fashioned bathroom to my liking. The room had a wonderful view overlooking an attractive garden. I understand the hotel restaurant is good with a quality wine list but was off the night we were there. The bar is small but reasonably well supplied.

We had a good night's sleep and a good continental breakfast with Spanish touches which was very enjoyable. My brother in law settled and the price was reasonable. This is a good option for those passing through Santander especially if you have your own transport or those on a more modest budget.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2016

Easy to find, even in the rush hour. busy when we arrived, easy check in, very clean and polite staff. Breakfast continental. I was served a Bacardi and coke with orange peel which was lovely . Highly recommend

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple