US$162
  • Beachfront
Santemar Hotel(Santander)
US$116
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

Chateau La Roca Hotel(Santander)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$85
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

Silken Coliseum Hotel(Santander)
US$151
US$140
Official Hotel Site
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$312
US$289
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsold world charmbeautiful hoteldeluxe double roomoverlooking the baysmall balconypublic roomsrooms are largewalk into townstayed for two nightshotel barsardinero beachbuffet breakfastferry portspafurnitureliftsea
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Situated on a bluff above the entrance to the bay at Santander, this historic hotel boasts magnificent views and first class amenities. The rooms are large and comfortably furnished with antiques. Breakfast, served in the sunny lower level conservatory, is both substantial and delicious. The spa facilities, which offer a large variety of massage therapies, also include a large pool area with all sorts of jet massage possibilities as well as dry and wet sauna rooms. The in house restaurant serves delicious fare for a more formal dinner, and the bar lounge provides tasty casual dining. Desk personnel went beyond the call of duty assisting us in finding local tech providers when my husband had a computer emergency. A scheduled months’ long renovation was to take place during 2018, but I hope they don’t remove the original character of the site. This is a true gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side have expansive views of the bay.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after departing our ferry. It is a little out of town but if you have a car it takes minutes. We also walked to meet friends at a hotel near the ferry port and it was a 15 minute (downhill) walk. Not too bad

The hotel is located in a lovely quiet part of Santander overlooking the coastline and beach which was lovely.

The hotel is not one of the modern types it is a classic hotel with beautiful features and it is impressive sat on the hillside.

The room and bathroom are very spacious, our room had a small balcony overlooking the bay.

The hotel is quite big but never crowded and if need be the staff attend to whatever need you require.

Our one night stay included continental breakfast which was abundant and the dining room overlooked the gardens.

If you’re in Santander and don’t want a modern chain hotel I would highly recommend this place

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2017

This is a grand old dame of a hotel with the traditional keys and "birdcage elevator" one associates with the 1940's and before. If you're into glitzy, razzle-dazzle modern, this is probably not the place for you; but if you'd like some old world charm, then this is the place for you. A table just off the reception desk offers chocolates by the handful, typical of beach resort hotels of yore! The rooms are very large, the bathrooms enormous, and the beach is just a short down hill walk from the hotel. The breakfasts are sumptuous and the price can't be beaten. Nostalgia at a bargain price!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2017

The hotel does need some updating, but it is full of charm. You still get an old room key for your door! The old elevator is quite a hoot to ride in. The views from the ocean side are spectacular! The food is very good. My only complaint is the spa was closed for updating, but there was no work going on? There were 3 weddings going on the night we stayed and I can see why as this is a rare gem of a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve74017
Reviewed 31 October 2017

I wasn't sure about this hotel after reading reviews on here, Googling pictures and other searches but decided to take a chance. Was very reasonably priced considering we paid €139 for a Deluxe Double Room with a Sea-View so I was excited to finally get there.

The hotel offers free car-parking which is very convenient and the driveway up to the hotel gives off a very exclusive feeling. The hotel is celebrating its centenary this year and given the feel, the look, the décor and the overall furnishing, I don't think it has been renovated since 1917!

Normally this would completely put me off a hotel but for some reason, it completely endeared me. The staff were extremely helpful and attentive upon check-in and I must say, I do love the old-fashioned actual room key which was on offer at this hotel. The bar, lobby, reception area and sun-room really are in serious need of restoration but I don't think this is harming their business.

An incredible old-school style elevator took us to our deluxe sea-view room on the 4th floor. Again, the décor was seriously out of date but charming enough to make this hotel work. A lovely large bathroom with double-sink, toilet, bidet, and bath with fabulous shower lead into a wonderfully large bedroom with old-school furniture including wardrobe, writing desk and seating area. The large king-size bed was also very comfortable. The carpet in our room was extremely stained and could certainly do with a cleaning!

The winner here though is the the view of the Bay of Santander. Sunrise was a particularly exceptional experience and would highly recommend a sea-view room just for this alone.

Breakfast was not included in the price of the room but at €26pp, we certainly did not want to see what was on offer as we felt this to be incredibly expensive. But then we remembered that were in fact staying in a 5 star hotel. The bar did serve the best Mojito I have ever tasted and at €10 a pop, though a tad pricey, they were extremely worth it.

As much as I wanted the old-school charm of this hotel to win me over, I do feel a restoration would make this an incredible hotel but saying that, it is the only fault that I have with it. it is just too old fashioned for my liking but it was an overall a lovely stay!

Room Tip: Order a deluxe sea-view room and order a mojito!!!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family