“It was ok for the price”
Review of Hotel Pinamar

Hotel Pinamar
Ranked #31 of 32 Hotels in Santander
Westcoast of Ireland
“It was ok for the price”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Average hotel with not very friendly staff. We got it at a reasonable price and it was within walking distance of the town. We slept well and the breakfast was ok.
Glad to have had a satnav to find it: 43.455352,-3.815145

Parking is available a couple of streets away (300mtrs walk) at 12 Euro. Ask at the reception.
The City Centre is about 15min (1km) walk away.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Candor, NY
Reviewed 2 November 2012

In a 3-week trip through Portugal, northern Spain and southern France, Santander was certainly the least attractive city we encountered. We had chosen to stay there for 2 nights so that we could access Santillana del Mar and Altamira cave museum on the day in between. Santillana is an easy 45-minute bus trip from Santander, so we would advise anyone with the same agenda to simply travel on to Santilla, a beautiful stone village, and stay there overnight.
We did no real exploration of Santander, so perhaps we are not fair to its more appealing coastal areas, but in the 10 or 15 minute walk from the train station to the Pinamar, and then two long evening walks through Santander we saw a city that must have exploded in size during the 1960s or 70s, without adequate planning or architectural standards, leading to block upon block of ugly apartment buildings, and very little effort to showcase its waterfront or even allow visual access to the coast line. That said, the Pinamar was an average hotel for the price, and I don't mean to discourage people from staying there if they must stop in Santander.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lynne C
Paris
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The hotel was pricey for what it was. We apparently went during a festival in the summer, so I believe the prices were all quite high. The room was large and very clean, although not super modern. It wasn't too far to walk to the center. There is a railroad that runs through the very middle of the town, so if you get stuck on the wrong side of the tracks, it can take a LONG time to get back to the hotel through a shady part of town :(

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I stayed in this hotel , in July for two nights.
It is very clean , I admit the decor is a bit dated.walls in the bedroom were a tangerine colour ,
The beds are very comfortable.Towels , good quality and plenty of shower gel and shampoo. Hair dryer also supplied.
On arrival I asked for a quiet room , maybe at the back The gentleman in reception said the rooms at the front are nicer and you won't hear anything. He was right lovely clean bright room , windows double glazed so I heard nothing.I arrived at 11 and even though check in is not till 4 he told me to come back earlier and they would have the room ready . They did..
Whilst there I became very ill ,severe gastroenteritis , ( I ate a salad and suspect this was the cause)The symptoms started at 3.30 a,m. and at 8,30, I could not suffer on. I had never felt this ill in my life.I am a nurse / midwife and rarely need or seek medical advice.
I called reception and within 5 minutes there was a doctor and nurse at my door. I was examined , even for appendicitis. The nurse gave me an injection and they left a prescription for me get. The people at reception went and sorted this out for me. I was so ill I could barely stand.
The lady who came to clean the room was so gentle .
.The hotel is central and very near the bus station.Santander is a beautiful place and the people are just so nice , really helpful and they do go out of their way for you.
This a 3 star hotel but the service I received was 5 star plus.So to all the staff at The Pinamar , I have mislaid my list of names, a big thank you from Ireland.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank madonnaDublin
N Ireland
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Hotel basic but I suppose you can't expect much more for £62 in the city centre. My only complaint and it would put me off form going back was the grumpy staff. The worst I've ever seen. I except that no english was spoken but a smile is a universal language.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bostontea
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I recently stayed in this hotel and I would not class it as a 3star hotel, more a two star. The decor is old fashioned and there is an old musty smell in the room. However it is clean and the location is very good as it is in walking distance to the centre. The person working at reception was very helpful. Overall it was fine but not as good as other 3star hotels we have stayed in on this trip.

• Stayed July 2011