“This hotel exceeded my expectations !”
Review of Hostal Cabo Mayor

Hostal Cabo Mayor
Ranked #2 of 23 Santander B&B and Inns
Cremona, Italy
“This hotel exceeded my expectations !”
Reviewed 25 May 2011

My husband and I have recently been in this little but cosy hotel. The position is simply wonderful, coming from the airport by bus, you just need to cross the street and the hotel is in front of you. The staff is very helpful and can give you a lot of useful info about Santander main places to see. The room is very clean, newly restyled, very silent thanks to double-glass windows. On arrival you are given the keys to come and go as you please. In a short walk, you are near to the city center, shops, restaurant and a pleasant sea promenade.
I would strongly recommend this hotel to all people wishing to visit Santander as the relation quality/price is really excellent.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank patty958l

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Great location right by the bus station. This hostal is in an apartment block, so doesn't have a reception as such, but not a problem for me. When I visited, only one member of staff speaks English, but they are all friendly and we did our best in Spanglish! Modern decor, lovely bright rooms, spotlessly clean, free wireless, and the most comfortable hotel bed I've slept in for a long time!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
UK
Reviewed 6 July 2008

Got back to the UK from this mediocre Hotel to find that I'd appeared to be charged twice. When I enquired with the Hotel they said it was for the towels I had supposedly taken. The payment had been taken without my consent and was for more than the cost of the two rooms that I had stayed in!

We had enough bags to carry to the car park without packing them with extra towels we had no need for...

• Liked — Location to ferry terminal
  • Disliked — Being charged for towels I did not take
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank philandnok
hcabomayor, Propietario at Hostal Cabo Mayor, responded to this review, 20 May 2010
Actually the client, telling the truth, we charge the amount of towels. What is not said is that the reason that we did.
In all our bathrooms, customers have two towels for the shower, two for hands, one foot and one for the bidet. The next morning there was none.
We admit customers to bring a towel by mistake or as a souvenir of their stay, but not all the towels, I think it is too much, which is why it will charge your card for the amount of towels.