“Good value”
Review of Celuisma Alisas

Celuisma Alisas
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Santander
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Excellent value for money. Close to the bus station ( where we arrived). Close to the waterfront and easy to walk everywhere! Rooms were really good apart from the fact that they had no view except for an internal courtyard, which meant that it was not really ace to sleep with the windows open. No light too. Luckily there was air con. but it was too noisy to sleep with it on. Fabulous breakfast, buffet style, lots of choice! Very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately not able to sleep due to noise from bar opposite going on until early hours ie 2am-3am and a drunk bring very vocal at 5am. Room was clean but very basic, bathroom would benefit from refurb. Breakfast was included and this was the better bit of our stay but I don't feel 100euros was value for money which is a shame as staff were nice.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We needed a one night stay somewhere and this was close to the train station so we stayed here. Everything was very 70's as people have mentioned on here which is fine as long as it was clean. It was very cold at night however and it was the middle of summer. The blanket was extremely thin and I wish there was a thicker comforter so at least you could only use the sheets if you were hot but blanket if you were cold.

The breakfast was pretty decent (as are more hotel breakfasts in spain…a little better than continental). My only real complaint was the wi-fi….it didn't work inside the rooms, only the hallway and lobby. When you're in your room planning you need wifi seeing as it's 2014 already and this shouldn't be difficult to accommodate. If you get an offer for less than $75 a night I would take it otherwise don't pay too much and I'd keep the stay to a week maximum.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I have been staying at this hotel few days ago and when I have reserved I did not understand why reviews were so different, now I understand! I have paid two rooms for two nights at a very special price but I think that the low price does not allow to rent such a kind of rooms. The hotel has indeed two different types of rooms: old (but very old) ones and renewed ones. The first ones are offered at a very special price, the second ones at a regular price for Santander. The first ones are terrible. My room was small (very small) and dark with view on a dirty and dark court (m. 2x2), the moquette was used and dirty, the bathroom had a bathtub I saw in Italy during 60ies, I think the Hostel nearby was more comfortable. The position is good, breakfast is fine (it could not be differentiated), front desk sufficiently kind. BE CAREFUL TO RATE THEREFORE!

Room Tip: Rooms must cost more that 100 Euro per night (BB)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank silviapa1956
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed just one night. Room was clean and spacious, bathroom was excellent, breakfast was OK ish (luke warm water for tea etc). But for €120 it was good value. Friendly staff. A mobile air-con unit was supplied.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rugby7s
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We recommend this hotel as it was good value for money and an excellent location in Santander, close to the train and bus stations. There is a regular shuttle bus from the airport to the bus station which costs E2.20. Unfortunately our room (285) had no view, although it was a nice room. We missed the use of a fridge or kettle in the room and the walls were paper thin so we could hear all our neighbours' goings on. The breakfast was good but if you didn't get there right at the beginning, once certain types of food ran out they weren't replaced. All in all this was a good experience and we enjoyed our stay, just set your alarm early and take some earplugs.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Ian C
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My wife and I stayed here for one night on our way to our holiday destination. The hotel is close to the bus station, train stations and ferry port. A wide variety of food to suit all tastes is available for the buffet breakfast-I've had similar in more expensive hotels. The staff were friendly and helpful. The surroundings are slightly downtown and the views are of other buildings so don't choose this hotel if views are important to you. There are plenty of flats, shops and bars around. The hotel itself is bright and welcoming and the price could not be bettered. I would definitely stay here again. I always use Trip Advisor for advice when I am looking to book a hotel somewhere and have never been disappointed in any of the choices I have made.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
2  Thank JohnHamiltonScotland