“Great food and ambience”

Restaurante La Orza
Ranked #14 of 442 Restaurants in Toledo
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: La Orza is located right in the heart of Toledo's Jewish quarter, next to the Iglesia de Santo Tomé, the El Greco Museum and the El Tránsito Synagogue. Relax and enjoy a traditional Spanish meal with friends in the intimate surroundings of our restaurant. With its excellent reputation for serving new takes on traditional dishes, La Orza is a must-try restaurant for anyone looking to enjoy Castilian specialities. And La Orza's rustic décor adds a warm, traditional touch to our special restaurant. Famous faces from the worlds of politics, culture, arts and sport have dined at La Orza, as well as distinguished visitors from all over Spain and around the world.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Thanks to tripadvisor for me chosing this restaurant. A two star Michelin guide at 35 euros per person full dinner with wine.The lamb was probably the best in memory anywhere!

1  Thank avid_traveler_8
Write a ReviewReviews (1,523)

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

As a foodie, I have to say last night's dinner ranks in the top 10 best dinners ever... And surely the best in Spain during the past three weeks traveling here! Recommended by our hotel staff when I requested NON touristy, it was just 50 meters away. From the moment we stepped in, the service was impeccable and not pretentious. The prices were in keeping with a fine restaurant in a tourist-visited city. We took the menu for 25E a person, which included a great bottle of white wine, a lite amuse Bouche, a 1st course, and entrée. I had asparagus (perfectly cooked) with salmon, lamb stuffed with foie gras and my husband had a fresh lovely salad (he claimed one of the best ever) and hake. We both had a speciality for dessert--a creme marzipan--to die for! Don't miss this gem.

1  Thank Gkgcucj
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by this restaurant as I had found most in Toledo to be uninspiring after reading reviews.

After a few missteps with online booking we decided to locate the restaurant in the afternoon and confirm our mytable.com booking. The woman we spoke to could not find our name and indicated they do not use that website. She found a name that sounded like mine and we left relieved. When we arrived at 20:30 the waiter could find no booking for us. Eventually it was sorted out and we were shown to a table. From there things improved.

The restaurant is located just a few minutes walk from our hotel San Juan De Los Reyes. There is an outdoor dining area next to the road which was very popular with diners. We chose to sit inside. We were given an English menu and even though we arrived at opening time some of the dishes were not available. Not surprising because the place had been crowded and fully booked at lunch.

The waiter helped us choose a good red wine and recommended the deer, he actually said the pork would be tough! So we ordered a duck and a venison for main course and shared the fantastic artichokes with squid. The food was above expectation. The artichoke dish was more than enough for two people and would actually be suitable as a main. We finished with a lemon sorbet which we shared and a complimentary local liquor.

We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and would definitely recommend Meson de la Orza but may be not Mytable!

1  Thank Marj H
Reviewed 3 May 2014

After reading the reviews, we were looking forward to this place. My wife liked it more than I did. I thought the service was spotty and the food a little pricey for what you got, but it was well prepared. they did not have the wine that I wanted, so they recommended a like wine and charged me the higher price. they also did not have the entree I requested, although the menu was printed for that day, and we were one of the first in the restaurant. the artichokes with squid were supurb and I had the stuffed veal, and it was very good, the desserts were ok. I would probably try the lunch menu, and would not go back for dinner, However, the food was very well prepared, but all around, average

1  Thank FromAway67
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Truly impressive from appetizers to entree to wine. Wonderful attentive but non obtrusive service. Nice setting with outside patio if desired