AC Hotel Ciudad de Toledo
NH Toledo(Toledo)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$148
  • Restaurant
Hotel La Bastida(Toledo)(Great Value!)
US$106
  • Restaurant
US$185
US$167
  • Pool
US$170
US$154
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Domus Plaza Zocodover(Toledo)(Great Value!)
US$139
Priceline
US$179
US$174
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Medina de Toledo(Toledo)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$162
Travelocity
Casona de la Reyna(Toledo)(Great Value!)
US$568
getaroom.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsfree parkingold citygreat view of the citymarriott chainbus stophuge balconywonderful hotelminute walkpublic busreasonable sizehotel is locatedpublic areastapascarspaintaxitown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I booked this hotel for this view, though I knew it's bit far from the toledo city and major attractions. It turned out not disappoint me.
The hotel locates on a side of hill facing the marvalous toledo historical city. it's decorated in a typical spanish rural style, carved wooden door, black iron window and balcony, lovely tiles in the bathroom. It would be perfect if the room was little bigger.
the breakfast is great, good quality hams,fruits, cheeses, juice, cakes and great coffee! although there is not fresh-made hot food, I feel it's satisfying enough.
It's about 8 mins driving from city. don't rely on shuttle bus, you need to rent a car.
Do ask for the room facing the city!

Room Tip: Do ask for a room facing the city!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mengbei
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The hotel is a mix of old Spanish charm and modern conveniences - sort of. The view from our balcony was jaw-droppingly beautiful (though the squeaky hinges scared off the bunnies that were in the ravine). We had a great shot down the ravine to the city. The rooms were beautifully rustic with little touches of Toledo throughout. We had a few problems with the electrical in our room - two lamps wouldn't work at all, and one worked intermittently - but it frankly wasn't enough for us to bother with more than a mention at the end of our visit.

Our experience with the staff was uniformly excellent. At one point I left my sunglasses in a restaurant (an excellent restaurant recommended by the front desk), and the front desk took point in hunting them down - checking with the cab company and the restaurant and making arrangements for me to get them back. Both restaurants recommended by the staff were excellent, and the staff specifically told us NOT to go to a restaurant we'd received as a rec from someone else - saying it was a tourist trap, and we could do much better. Being irritating people, we did go by the other restaurant - but the staff was right on. It wasn't at all what we were looking to experience.

But let's be honest - the view is worth the price of admission - everything else is just gravy. But there's a lot of gravy.

Room Tip: get a city view. The lower floors have walk out terraces, but the ones on the ravine side have no view of the city. If you're on the ravine side, the higher floors still give you a good view of the city.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Elise L
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Having lived in Toledo Ohio, we decided to visit its namesake city in Spain. Booked last minute on the Marriott App, this hotel was great! Location overlooking the old city from the other side of the river, our room had a cute balcony, and the room was charming with beamed ceiling and super comfortable. The roll-away bed for our daughter was set up and ready when we arrived, and the desk staff were helpful in recommending places to go.

Toledo Spain is a lovely city, and this is a great choice hotel

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank speedknitter
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed at the AC ciudad for 3 nights. I definitely recommend paying extra to get a room with a view. We had a very nice terrace where we could sit, have a cold drink and a snack. I was pleased that there was an umbrella on the terrace. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom very nice. The walk to the San Martin Bridge was about 10 to 15 minutes but just be aware that it is an uphill walk on the way back. I really did enjoy staying at this hotel but my only suggestion would be that they offer each guest a bottle of cold water every day. Toledo is hot and dry in summer. The breakfast was a little pricey so we made the walk into the city for breakfast. I might suggest a less expensive option for breakfast at the hotel with coffee and toast rather than the cold buffet, at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

Positive was the view and terrace of our room. Beds were like a Hostel, no free WiFi, AC did not keep the room cold, negative attitude of receptionist, not walking distance to the city....well maybe, I am so negative because prior to our stop in Toledo we were spoiled by the hotels we stayed in Barcelona, Granada,Ronda,Seville and Salamanca!!! And not to mention our last hotel which was in Madrid.
We had planned on staying 2 nights but immediately decided just for one night and extended our stay at our hotel in Madrid which turned out to be a great move.

Forgot to mention, they even charge for a safety deposit box which was not in your room, this made me very nervous. Nothing happened but just felt uncomfortable..

I am a Marriott member and am disappointed with this hotel. I hope that with this feedback, they will improve.

• Stayed: June 2013