“Picturesque setting in historical city” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Cigarral Domenico

Hotel Cigarral Domenico
Ranked #30 of 45 Hotels in Toledo
Dallas, Texas
“Picturesque setting in historical city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel overlooking Toledo. Picturesque setting. Delicious meals offered in eye-pleasing presentations. Only complaint would be that both mattresses were way too hard. Did't get an enjoyable night's sleep.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ericeira, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

this hotel is excelent, with a magnificent view over Toledo. The staff was very welcoming. The room was clean and spacious, the dinner at the restaurant was good and tasty. If want to book a room try to ask for the ones facing Toledo, at weekend the city lights are all lite up and the view is amazing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Guadiaro, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

It's difficult for me to fault this hotel - we wanted car parking, breakfast and a comfortable bed. The reception staff greeted and checked us in quickly with a smile and an answer to every question. We requested and got a room with a view of the city on the second floor - large room, giant bed, large bath, minibar, safe - everything you would expect from a 4* hotel. As the hotel is out of town we called a taxi and for 11 euros the four of us went to the city centre - the same charge when we returned after dinner at 11pm. After a good night's sleep we had breakfast at 8am for 7 euros which included cereals, fresh fruit, cooked eggs, fruit juice, coffee etc. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed this hotel! Such a nice surprise after leaving the chaos of Madrid. We drove into the city which there are 2-3 easy parking garages right upon entry to the city. Our room was extremely quiet as I think maybe a low season. Friendly staff. Quaint bar/ breakfast room. Fantastic views. I especially liked the small gatitos that welcomed us at the door.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We got a really good deal for bed and breakfast at this hotel, we weren't totally unhappy with our stay, there were good and bad points, here are the main ones:

The hotel is set in a beautiful area, overlooking the city. You need to take a bus (€1.40 single journey per person) or taxi (around 8 euro single trip) across to the centre, particularly at night, as it is in a hilly area, so walking in the dark I think would be out of the question. This wasn't a problem for us, I think it's worth it for the views and we had only gone for the one night.

We were lucky enough to have the view of the city from our room, but really the view from the other side (over the hotel car park) is not bad either, the car park isn't unattractive and the surrounding areas are lovely.

The breakfast buffet was okay, not as good as some other continental breakfasts I've had - not as much choice of fresh fruits, cheeses and pastries, and not the nicest Spanish omelette I've tasted either.

The room was very clean but I would agree with other reviews that they could probably do with a bit of a revamp or even just a coat of paint. The shower wasn't brilliant, the shower attachment was very loose and difficult to keep in place.

There is a small balcony and I think it would be ideal if they placed a small table and chairs there to allow people to sit out and enjoy the views.

The hotel though is in traditional Spanish style so I wouldn't expect it to be overly modern.

The sleep quality wasn't too bad, it was hot so we had the air conditioning on most of the night and it's pretty noisy, so woke me up a few times.

My main complaint with regard to the hotel is that first of all we weren't told we had to book for dinner, and the restaurant was advertised as being open till 11.30pm. Although we weren't advised that we would need to reserve a table I called around 9pm to ask for a table at 10.30 on our return from the city centre. We hadn't got the impression that the hotel was very busy so didn't think there would be a problem, but the girl on reception told me they were full but would check and call me back. She called back five minutes later to say they were full and couldn't offer us a table. We went to the first restaurant we saw after that and actually ended up having a lovely meal. The restaurant is just at the other side of the footbridge coming from the city centre, called "La Venta San Martin". The service, quality, and cost was fantastic, I couldn't recommend it enough.

When we returned to the hotel, however, at around 11.15pm, we passed the restaurant, which was empty. We could see the terrace area of the restaurant from our room and it was only half full, with people still being served at that point. Although it worked out okay in the long run I was disappointed that the hotel could not give us a table for dinner given that they certainly weren't full. There was only myself, husband, and daughter, so I don't think it would have been out of the question to accommodate us.

Room Tip: I've given the rooms very good because although they could be doing with a coat of paint, the vi...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Clare H
Somerset, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

We have stayed at this hotel four times and have always been completely satisfied. The views of Toledo are breathtaking (ask for a second floor room overlooking the city)
The restaurant manager is superb, and we had a wonderful meal here with friends. We ordered a bottle of red wine, but as I was the only person eating fish the manager said that he would bring me a complimentary glass of white wine! At the end of the meal my husband ordered a Carajillo coffee which was the best he had ever tasted.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room overlooking the city.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane A
Fountain Valley, Ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL unless you have money to BURN!

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in June 2013. It has a great view of the city from the back (and if you have odd numbered rooms) and a nice spread for breakfast. The room is decent, not four star. The pool is nice and has a guard on duty.

On our stay we utilized the safe to store our valuable belongings, including our ipads, passports and money. We discovered, on our way out to Madrid, that we had about US$2,000 stolen from us from the safe. The money was stored in a black case that also had our passports. There was US currency and British pounds in an envelope. The pounds and the US$100 notes were all taken. The smaller US notes (about $160 total), an empty Euro envelope and our passports were still in the black case. Clearly the person who stole the money took their time to go through the contents and took only what they desired. I have written the hotel and have received no reply. I understand that theft happens at hotels, which is why I only stay at hotels with safes and utilize them. It seems that only few should have access to those safes and should be bonded.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL unless you have money to BURN!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KYungCPA

Travellers are raving about these Toledo hotels