NH Toledo
US$49
  • Bar/Lounge
US$83
  • Restaurant
Casona de la Reyna(Toledo)(Great Value!)
US$556
US$64
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel La Bastida(Toledo)(Great Value!)
US$66
  • Restaurant
El Hostal Puerta Bisagra(Toledo)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$68
US$140
US$134
  • Restaurant
Hotel Santa Isabel(Toledo)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$57
Travelocity
US$117
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbull ringminute walkstable wifiold towneasy walk into townrestaurant attached to the hotelthree nightsstaff was friendly and helpfullovely bathroombreakfast roomtrain stationhotel parkingcoffee machinehistoric centerthe ground floorwould definitely stay here againbeautiful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2007

We just got back from a 2 week trip to Spain and had a rental car much of that time. We were looking for a place in Toledo where we could park the car and walk to everything. The Hesperia fit the bill. I don't think there was an extra charge for the parking either. There are not alot of spaces out front, but if we had not been able to find one, they told us at the front desk they have alternate spots elsewhere. About the walk-- it is about a 7 minute walk to the wall of the old city, then a climb up sometimes steep serpentine streets to the cathedral and other sites. so if you don't have a good fitness level, this would not be for you. We liked the Hesperia. The room was large by European standards and clean too. The staff was pleasant and responsive and they give you a decent map of the old city which you definately need. . A bar/cafe adjacent to the hotel serves lunch and dinner and the hotel offers breakfast. We hiked up the hill into Toledo for an outside cafe breakfast instead. One note if you are driving, it is across from the Plaza de Toros, so look for signs for the Plaza de Toros. There has been some construction on the roads right near the hotel and the directions on the hotel website from the south no longer make sense. Still, knowing it was near the bullring we were able to find it with no problem.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank PattyPhiladelphia
Reviewed 22 July 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Hesperia Toledo for two nights in July 2006 during a horrific heat wave. I am sure we would have enjoyed our stay a great deal more if it wasn't for the constant 100 degree days. On booking, I thought the short walk uphill into the old city would be a "piece of cake" for two work out fanatics like my wife and I, and I thought we would avoid the hordes of tourists this way. Hah! It turned out to be a hot and sweaty uphill climb into the old city and Toledo itself was quite quiet towards late afternoon and into the evening. On further thought, I should have booked a hotel in the old city. Yet, I felt solace in the 56 euros per night I was paying. The hotel itself is rather beautiful, in what seems to be a renovated, stylish edifice in the Iberian style. The floors are all tiled which caused some consternation as the maids in the morning wheeled their carts along the floor. The staff is young, but helpful in an unsophisticated manner. The room itself was quite lovely with a seperate sitting area. Unfortunately, the sitting area contained the T.V., and thus you could not watch television in bed. The floors in the room were also tiled and the bed was reasonably comfortable. There was a safe and good storage for erverything. The bathroom was large and well lit, but the towels could have been thicker and we could have used more of them. The soap posed another problem. It might have been great glycerin soap, but after one person used it, the soap was gone, and we found ourselves constantly asking for additional "pieces" of soap. In addition, the air-conditioning system had a difficult time combating the accelerating temperatures. There is a great grocery store directly behind the hotel where we bought our water, cheeses, and wine at a very reasonable price. The Hesperia Toledo Hotel is a very nice hotel particularly at 56 euros a night. Yet, with the heat wave in July, and the uphill climb into the old city which we did at least twice a day, my wife and I would have probably opted for a hotel in the old city.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank Philip G
Reviewed 24 March 2006

This hotel is a good blend of an historic building, which houses the reception and dining areas, and attractive and comfortable modern rooms. Friendly and helpful staff. Quiet rooms but the floors are tile, and the maid's cart rumbles down the corridor. Great breakfast buffet. Also a separate restaurant for other meals. Bar/library area. Computer available for paid use. Supermarket behind building.
Outside city walls but short walk. I took frequent bus going into town since it is up hill -- then walked back, downhill. Hotel on main road which would be more convenient for drivers,than driving inside walls. Even in early March, big traffic delays inside wall on narrow streets clogged with walking tourist as well as vechicles. Train to Toledo from Madrid is a new AVE line only 30 minutes. Wonderful old (but renewed) train station. Most people make Toledo a day trip from Madrid, but I was happy to spend more time. Walking around town is very enjoyable.
Persons with difficulty walking should note that half dozen stairs at hotel entrance with no hand rail.

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank aDCtraveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, TX
Reviewed 13 January 2006

We stayed at this hotel three nights. The rooms are on the big side and the staff was accomodating. We left our passports in the room and they sent them to Madrid for us. I would stay at this hotel again although I might investigate the hotels within the historic part of the city. Still, the walk was easy.

Stayed: December 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Derby
Reviewed 21 July 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Hyperion Toledo for 6 days at the end of June 2005. It is an excellent hotel, small (only 35 bedrooms) quiet, beautifully decorated throughout, very modern yet very spanish. Our room was clean and comfortable, the bedsheets were turned down every day(with a chocolate left on the edge of the bed!). The breakfast menu had more than enough choices to suit everyone and was delicious. Every one of the staff were polite and helpful although, apart from reception, had very little english. (But, why go to Spain if you're not going to practice the language!) The hotel is situated opposite the bull ring, so don't be there on a Sunday if you don't approve! It's just a 5 minute walk to the park where they have a Tuesday Market and another couple of minutes to the old city walls.
It's quite a steep walk up into the old city or you can catch a bus from outside the hotel. There are lots of restaurants and bars doing tourist menus which include bread and wine, or there is a supermarket 5 minutes away behind the hotel if you want to do-it-yourself.
Overall I would say this is easily the best hotel I have visited overseas.

• Stayed: June 2005