“We loved it!”

La Posada de Manolo
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“We loved it!”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

If you want a hotel that is packed with character then this is the place for you. Our room was spacious and even had its own private little courtyard! Staff keep the hotel spotlessly clean and each room is themed which adds to the interest. We felt at home there the moment we arrived and after our 5-night stay we just didn't want to go home. The continental breakfast is excellent value and everything that you would want is available- fruit, yogurt, cereal, breads, cold meats, cheese, pastries, juice, teas and good coffee. The views from the breakfast room and outdoor patio area, which is situated on the top floor, are stunning. There is nothing better than watching swallows (loads of them!) flit around the nearby buildings and the cathedral. I'm sure we will return to Toledo and when we do we will certainly stay here. There is absolutely nothing negative that I can say about the hotel except to say thank you for a fabulous stay. We booked via Booking.com and this site provided us with this lovely hotel at a very reasonable price

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank heather A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Silver Spring, MD
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I was very pleased with this place. It is only a block from the cathedral. The staff was very helpful. The decor is very Toledo appropriate. The price was very good. The breakfast was good and the view from the breakfast room was wonderful.

That said, it would have been nice to have a room safe. But I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GaryInSilverSpring
Huddersfield
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I spent two nights at La Posada de Manolo. This is one of top places to stay ever and I would highly recommend it. I was made welcome throughout my stay; all the staff were friendly but also so professional and respectful. As a single woman with a very heavy case I really appreciated having my suitcase taken to my room and brought down for me without me saying a word. Little kind touches like that made this place a cut above other places. Although I had booked a single room I was given a double room. I stayed in 'Los Medicos'. Alll the bedrooms have an individual style; mine was decorated beautifully with Moorish/Arabic style furniture, little thematic touches like tiny distilling metal tools and the Arabic door which they had found when they renovated the building and used as decoration above my bed and the bathroom was huge. The room felt so cosey but individual. The whole atmosphere was of a very unique and boutique hotel with five star customer service. I had booked breakfast and was glad I had; it was served on a floor which is parallel with the spires of the cathedral so an amazing view to enjoy your breakfast and it was great value for 2 euros. The Posada had a fantastic location being so close to the cathedral and a few minutes walk from all the main sites. Above all it was fantastic value for such an amazing experience. I would love to return and highly recommend it.

Also if you ask the hotel staff they can recommend two really good places to eat; I ate at both and was impressed.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Elizabeth032
Welland
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We spent two nights in this family-operated hotel. The rooms were very comfortable, each one themed differently with beautiful and simple furnishings. Our window looked out to the cathedral tower...stunning! The breakfasts were great and again we could watch the sunrise hitting the spires of the churches and cathedral. We loved our short, but wonderful time in Toledo!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the "Agricultural Room" for the view and the decor.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Liz W
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 18 January 2013

My friend and I spent a night at this hotel last summer. The staff was very nice, the decor was charming and the hotel very quiet. We were happy we decided to stay for the night instead of making it a day trip from Madrid. The town of Toledo and the Cathedral were superb. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marilou G
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Luckily we only stayed one night so in all fairness we didn't get much chance to experience it but the room was so tiny I probably couldn't have stayed any longer. You could not walk around the bed and had to climb over from side. The bathroom was really tiny with nowhere to put toiletries and although the wardrobe was a fair size it was not very clean. There was no safe or hair dryer.
On the plus side, the location,is excellent and the view from the breakfast terrace is superb, especially at night when the cathedral is lit up.

Room Tip: If they have bigger rooms take one.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lorraine B
San Francisco
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I really wanted to love this place, but found it to be just OK. Our room on the first floor was the cleanest room in which I've ever stayed, and the sparse decor was very nice. The staff and location were both very good, and the WiFi was fast

The "double" room had two single beds placed side by side, and they were too firm for our tastes. The shower was also very small and tricky to use, but the biggest problem was the noise - from the street, from the other rooms and from the lobby. The walls are very thin, and you can hear everything well into the night - cars outside, conversations in other rooms and phone calls in the lobby. I'm definitely not a light sleeper, either.

You can't beat the price, but you get what you pay for. If you're on a budget, this place is worth a look, otherwise I wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: I'd recommend getting a room on the topmost floor to attempt to find peace and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple