“Return visit to the Hotel Eurico”
Review of Eurico Hotel

Eurico Hotel
Ranked #30 of 44 Hotels in Toledo
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Just got back from a 10 day trip to Spain and we spent the last two nights in Toledo at the Hotel Eurico. We had visited Toledo in 2007 and spent 1 night at the Eurico and it was great - this time I would classify it as good. We drove to Toledo and the hotel recommended a garage that was near by and cost 18 euro a night - if you're driving you may want to factor that in (on our first visit we were able to park on the street near the hotel for free). The location is great, the staff was friendly, we had three rooms two faced the interior courtyard and one faced the street. The rooms were neat and clean - the two interior rooms had a tub and shower - the room with the street view had a stall shower that looked like it could have used a good scrubbing. Two other minor complaints - (1) Room air conditioning - it was hot during our visit - one of the room air conditioners worked fairly well - the other two were pretty weak - if the temperature was hotter outside the rooms would have been uncomfortable. (2) No WiFi - the rooms are hard wired for internet access but no WiFi capability - we had a couple of devices that will only work on WiFi - luckily we brought our own router so we set up our own WiFi network. If I were to go back and wanted to stay in the same area - I think I would try the Hotel Santa Isabel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank BrianfromBoston

Reviewed 5 June 2011

Eurico has a wonderful staff, very helpful in getting oriented in a complicated street layout. Our room on the third floor, had a patio overlooking the river to the 'countryside' beyond. Then off the left side of the balcony, the view was off the Cathedral and Alcazar. The staff would chill our wine, we had plates, wine glasses etc, so this was an incredible place to sup when a full day of walking was over. Each night we'd watch the myriad of swallows swoop thru' the sky up in our lofty location. Each day we'd step out the door to another adventure in this ancient city. We were right in the middle of things. Absolutely couldn't beat the location. The only downside (and this is small for us) was the towel quality---frayed and sometimes with holes. But the entire bathroom was spacious, as well as the room itself. Wired internet.

Room Tip: Loved room 308---spacious, patio balcony and quiet
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank travelbounder
Reviewed 3 June 2011

As soon as we walked in the door, the first thing that popped into my head was, "ah, another cookie cutter European hotel." Do they all use the same hotel decorator? Use the same furniture supplier?

We had a room facing the street with a partial view of the cathedral. However, you will need to use earplugs because the street can be noisy.

To my surprise, the hotel has underground caves that our group used for a party.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I loved my to nights in Toledo at the Eurico. The staff were really friendly and helpful, the room well decorated, spotlessly clean and at a perfect location just behind the Cathedal. My room on the second floor opened onto the street, but the double glazing and shutters kept out all of the noise from the street (which was very quiet for the most part being early November). I didn't do the hotel breakfast so can't comment on that, but the view from my balcony onto the Cathedral was really special. The free internet (Wired not Wifi) was good too. The halls could do with a tidy up, but this small thing is nothing in comparison to the great location and staff. Would happily recommend.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2010

This was one of the 3 hotels we chose through trip advisor for our trip to Madrid. After our first hotel selection and reviewing the trip advisor website, my husband was also hooked and he made this selection for Toledo. This hotel was basic and clean. I would rate this hotel overall as average except the location (behind the cathedral) was excellent and the young lady at the front desk was soooooo helpful - just excellent. So I would rate this as a 4 versus a 3.
I will say that of the 3 hotels we stayed in - 2 being in Madrid - this one was the noisiest at night. So maybe if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room that isn't on the street. Ours had a nice view of the Cathedral from the balcony but I did find it a bit loud.
Also you have to pay 3 euros per night for the safe if you want it.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2010

As others have noted, the location is fabulous! Once you get settled in it's easy to find due to its proximity to the cathedral. The hotel staff was courteous and professional. My room was basic but nice, very clean and spacious enough with a really large, well-appointed bathroom. Also the room had a GREAT view to the alcazar, which was beautifully lit up at night.

All in all I can't think of one negative thing about this hotel. I really enjoyed my stay here and high recommend the Hotel Eurico!

However one thing...I wonder if they don't offer breakfast during the cold months? I was there in November and nobody ever said a thing to me about it, nor did I ever notice it being served so I was surprised to hear others comment about it on Tripadvisor. It's fine though, I found a great cafe a few blocks away so it's all good, I'm just a bit curious.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2010

This is a great value hotel. It is right near the cathedral which makes it easy to find in the dizzying maze of Toledo's medieval labyrinth of streets. The hotel is absolutely spotless as are the bathrooms. We booked one of the two triples they have and stayed with our middle schooler. We had plenty of room and the beds were reasonably comfortable. The bathroom was also exceptionally clean and spacious. What did not work was the airconditioning. Most of the time this is not going to be an issue, but on a 41° day in August, it's tough especially since the narrow stone streets hold the heat in and the city stays noisy until late at night. Still for the price (80 euro) it was very good. The staff were helpful and kind, and the location made it an easy place to come back to to leave packages and purchases when necessary.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family