“View of Toledo”

Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Toledo
London, United Kingdom
“View of Toledo”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My stay at the Toledo Hilton greatly exceeded my expectation. The staff were friendly and helpful. The accommodation was comfortable. The public areas were a delight. Although not located in the old city, it was easy to access the key sites. It has updated my view of the Hilton brand

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Robert C
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Robert C,

Thank you for having taken a few moments to share your opinion of our Hotel.

At Hilton Buenavista Toledo, it is our aim to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is a great pleasure to know when we succeed in doing so. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for such nice comments. I will share them with the rest of the staff as I know this will be rewarding to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Toledo and the Hilton Buenavista in the near future.

Hilton Buenavista Toledo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here going south from the UK and back again. Its fabulous. Easy underground parking, or valet parking if preferred, welcoming, professional and smiling staff, wonderful, luxurious and spacious rooms - we travel with 2 small dogs and there are always 2 baskets and feeding bowls waiting.
Dinner is not gastronomic, but its adequate and breakfast is a feast.
The grounds are lovely and its all very relaxing, we wished we ould have stayed for 3 or 4 nights, its perfecet.
We didnt have time to use the spa but it loooks very nice.

Room Tip: I could, but I wont, because we want the same one again! However, the rooms on the 1st. loor with pr...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sissi282
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Sissi282,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Hilton Buenavista Toledo.

We really appreciate your positive feedback regarding the proffesional service of our team and comfort of our facilities. We are very happy that we were able to deliver our brand value of exceeding your expectations. I will share your review with the rest of the team as I know this will motivate them even further.

Nevertheless, I am sorry to hear that you were slightly disappointed with our gastronomic experience restaurant. I can assure you that our Chef Ángel Aceituno always works with the very best and freshest ingredients to change and improve our Quixote restaurant every week and the utmost care is used in designing and creating every dish.

Thank you again for your comments and we are really looking forward to welcome back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Words cannot describe how wonderful this hotel is !!!! From the moment you pull up you feel like you are living in luxury! Attentive staff, wonderful bedding and great shower pressure, great breakfast (much more than continental) , great outdoor pool, amazing views, what more could you ask for? We started our trip to Spain with this hotel and the amazing city of Toledo and now I fear the rest if the trip will not measure up!

We were lucky enough to get room 422, one of the best views of the city. If you are HHonors gold or diamond the breakfast is free (wonderful breakfast options!) and ask about the spa, I didn't figure out until just before we were leaving that as a gold member the thermal bath would have been free for us.

I could not think of a better place to stay in this amazing town and my husband and I cannot wait to return here one day. Thank you Hilton for an amazing place to stay,

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, 422,423,424
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luckyno39
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear luckyno39,

Thank you for having taken a few moments to share your opinion on Tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure to know that you entrusted us to provide you with the best possible accommodation throughout your recent trip to Toledo, and we would like to thank you for your interest in our hotel. Our team is very passionate in providing the best possible service, and it is great to know that we were able to deliver our brand promise.

At Hilton Buenavista Toledo, we recognize the importance of exceeding and surpassing your expectations and we are very pleased to know that you have fully enjoyed the different aspects of our service. I am especially delighted to hear that you felt welcome in our Hotel by our dedicated staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I am a Hilton Diamond member and used points for a 3 night stay in Toledo. Of the three cities we visited (Barcelona, Madrid and Toledo), Toledo was the city with the most old-Spain personality (you need to visit Toledo!) and definitely worth a 1-2 day visit - and I suggest staying at the Hilton Buenavista. Took a 30-min train from Madrid Atocha train station to Toledo train station for about 13 euro per person (1-way). Train travel is easy enough that we travelled into Madrid during one of the days, which was quite simple (buy tickets at Toledo train station - with trains to/from Madrid almost every hour). Cab ride from Toledo train station to Hilton Buenvista is 10 minutes and cost about $8.50 Euro to $15 euro (not sure why the range in fares). Not sure if Hilton's shuttle can/will pick you up at the train station, but maybe worth checking.

Rooms were fablulous - spacy and clean, with nice view - these rooms are typical of what it expected for a Hilton resort-ish property. Beds were comfortable, A/C worked great, bathrooms were spacious and showers were large with powerful water pressure. There was also a plug-converter (American to Euro) in the bathroom.

Front desk personnel, and I dealt with 4-5 various ones during my stay, were so helpful on every question I asked and all spoke English.

Outside pool looked great, but I did not get a chance to use it.

Breakfast was awesome - had everything needed from fresh eggs (any way), breakfast meats, cereals, cold meats, fresh fruit, and all types of breads and juices/coffees. No non-Hilton restaurants that I saw in immediate area, but I believe Hilton had a few restaurant options on-site and, from what I could tell, high-end with a focus on fresh food (the hotel has a garden next to the pool area).

Took the Hilton shuttle into the city each day (about 7 minutes), which dropped off near the main plaza. The city can easily be walked - but prepare to get a little lost (but, then again, you can't get lost). Although I did not tip much in Europe, I did tip the shuttle bus driver about 3 euro for each trip. The shuttle will then pick you up at the same spot (last one is at 6:30) or you can catch a cab near the main square for a ride home later.

Really enjoyed our stay at Hilton Buenavista! Hope to return some day and, again, the staff was wonderful.

Room Tip: All I know is my room was great.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank eldutchboy
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear eldutchboy,

Thank you for taking time to send a review of your stay at the Hilton Buenavista Toledo.

We are very pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay and that our staff was attentive to your needs. In our team we strive to provide a personalized and excellent service to each of our guests and it is a great satisfaction when we do so.

In particular, I am happy to hear that your stay in our palacial rooms was a comfortable one. Our rooms are specifically designed to provide a spacious, comfortable and pleasant room for you to stay. We count with a large selection of pillows for you to choose the best for you as well as a modern bathroom and a nice view.

Once again we thank your valuable comments and it will be a pleasure to have you back at Hilton Buenavista Toledo.

Your sincerely,

gm.buenavistatoledo@hilton.com
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 15 June 2014

It wasn't our first stay in Toledo, we were some years before in the Parador and it was good but the global stay last week was perfect even the perfection doesn't exist.
We are member and habitués of Sofitel Club so we are, modestly, connoisseur of what makes a good break. and sometimes boring Swiss citizens looking for property.
The hotel was top on every aspect, but please international customer needs some International channel Bloomberg CNBC BBC.
The staff was particularly helpful, effective and smiling at the reception, in the hotel lobby, the bar and in the two restaurant. The cuisine was very good and have some spanish aspects that changes from usual French tradition.
In particular Miss Maribel and Miss Clelia were very effective when we need assistance to solve
some little problems.
I'm sure that it should be hard to be a hotel director with employees like this crew.

Bertoli Enzo & Karin van der Kooi

Room Tip: We were in the suite 325 and we have a good view of the city. The best view on Toledo is perhaps fro...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Enzoigor,

Thank you for sharing your opinion on Tripadvisor.

At Hilton Buenavista Toledo we give great importance to guest feedback as it is our main source of improvement. Our staff is always delighted to hear about our guests' experience.

I am particularly happy to hear that some of our staff members were able to make your stay as enjoyable as possible with the best of their smile. I will share your comment with Maribel and Célia as I know for a fact they will be delighted to hear it.

Looking forward to welcoming you back into our property in the near future,

England
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The Hilton is a good hotel, much to praise:

Large modern hotel on edge of town
Spacious bedrooms and wonderful bathrooms
Excellent reception staff, a great welcome
Shuttle bus into the old town a real bonus

Weak points for me:

In room media. Only 1 English channel, all other promised channels not working
Domestic channels limited to only the basic with no additional film/sport offering
Interactive TV has pages listed as "under construction"
Wifi at extra cost in rooms. many other hotels have this free as standard
Breakfast - No cold milk, as only milk on show is left at warm room temperature for hours. It took staff 2 visits to the kitchen to fetch me enough cold milk for 1 bowl of cereal.
Hot food at breakfast the least appealing in my 2 week holiday, and pastries looked good but rather dry and lacking flavour.
It would have also been nice the have a sauna after a long hot day visiting town. But I was not impressed with the additional cost per person per day as this was only available as part of a spa experience.

Things to improve:

2 bedside tables would be my preference
Furniture in room, lobby and restaurant not to my comfort. Style over comfort.
Why no spoons on the table at breakfast, keep having to fetch them was annoying

Would I return. Yes to Toledo, but...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank HauntedHospital
Dear HauntedHospital,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us on Tripadvisor. I am very happy to hear the details of your stay, as it is a great source of motivation for us.

That being said, I was very sorry to read about the various inconvenients you have experienced and I would like to personally apologise for them.

Regarding the TV channels, I can assure you we do offer a variety of international channels. Unfortunately, during your stay, a crucial piece of equipment faulted and needed to be replaced, making most of these channels impossible to watch.

I have taken good note of your comments regarding the spoons in the breakfast table and the temperature of the breakfast milk in order to improve these two aspects of our service.

Regarding the wifi, as you have said, we offer it free of charge in the lobby. We understand some Hotels may offer a free connection but we also know they do not guarantee the speed or security of it. Our provider guarantees the highest level of security for our business guests. We also offer a variety of very attractive packages and offers that include internet connection in the whole Hotel for the duration of the stay.

Regarding our Spa facilities, I am sorry you were disappointed. Our Spalace is not included in the basic room rate as it is the biggest in Castilla-la-Mancha and offers more than 1500m2 of treatments, pools and showers. I can assure you we do offer packages and rates that include thermal circuit stays in the Spa or even massages or treatmeants.

I would like to thank you once more for letting us know about our experience as your feedback will be a direct source of improvement for us,

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The property is beautiful. It overlooks the river with a nice view of Toledo. Not to worry, they have a shuttle into town. On site parking is available.

The common areas are breathtakingly beautiful. The rooms are large by anyone's account and nicely appointed. Everything was spotlessly clean. The staff was courteous and helpful. Obviously, I liked this hotel. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Tom E,

Thank you for taking the time to send a review of your stay at the Hilton Buenavista Toledo.

We take the feedback we get from our guests at Tripadvisor very seriously. It is our aim to exceed the expectations of our guests and we are very pleased when we do so. It is great to know that you have enyojed the beauty of our amazing 16th Century Palace, as well as for the quality and service of our personnel.

I can assure you that I will communicate your kind words to the rest of the Hilton Team as they will surely be motivated by them.

I kindly thank you again for such nice comments and I I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Buenavista in the near future.