“Beautiful facility, Great staff”

Eurostars Palacio Buenavista
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Toledo
Leesburg, Virginia
“Beautiful facility, Great staff”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We are usually don’t stay in American brand hotels when we travel to Europe. This trip was an exception. My wife and I were travelling throughout Portugal and Spain. My wife had polio when she was young and she uses crutches and a wheelchair. We picked the Buenavista since the guaranteed an accessible room. We were most happy with our decision: the room was beautiful with a great view and the shower was ideal for my wife. Built on site of 15th century villa the hotel retained the garden- beautiful location, many amenities- spa, was great. As Hilton Gold we had great breakfast and free wifi. The staff most helpful The porter, Youness, came out and even assisted in pushing the wheel chair. He then chauffeured us downtown in the Hilton van. Our room (323) overlooked historic city. We knew Toledo is a most difficult city for wheelchair pushing, Pilar greatly assisted in planning our self- guided tour to minimize hills and cobblestones. We also had a nice dinner at the hotel. We will say pushing a wheelchair in Toledo is limited, but Worth it. Our stay was also made memorable by other members of the staff--Virginia, Esperanza, actually all the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms farther down the hall than 323 even have a better view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jrmcnamee
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear jrmcnamee,

Thank you for having taken a few moments to leave a comment regarding your stay at Hilton Buenavista Toledo where our aim is to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is a great pleasure to know when we do so.

I am very pleased to know that you did enjoy your stay with us and would like to thank you for such nice comments which I will share with the rest of the team as I know this is a great source of motivation for them, in particular for Youness, Pilar, Virginia and Esperanza.

I am also glad to hear that you were able to visit the historic centre to the Imperial City of Toledo without too many difficulties and we hope to be able to welcome you back very soon and once again offer you the very best of our service.

Again, thank you for letting me know about your experience,

Hilton Buenavista Toledo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

After a 5 hour drive from Southern Spain this is a real oasis and a fabulous relaxing hotel. It's quiet on a Sunday so you won't experience the fine dining but luxurious dog friendly rooms, excellent lunch on the terrace followed by a swim and cocktails on the terrace couldn't really be faulted. A dinner on the terrace watching the World Cup Final was like having our own private dining room. This is my second visit here and certainly won't be my last. Very good food, friendly staff, large well equipped rooms certainly will not disappoint any discerning traveller

Stayed July 2014
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Bedeboy,

First of all, thank you for sharing your opinion with the Tripadvisor Community. Comments such as yours motivate us every day to continue offering the best possible to each and every one of our guests.

It is greatly rewarding for each of our team members to hear we were able to offer you a memorable experience, and I would like to thank you for the renewed faith you have in our establishment, as can be seen by you coming back. We will be delighted to welcome you back onto our property in the near future.

Without anything else in particular, I thank you once more for the motivating feedback you have provided us with,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Hilton Toledo is a great hotel, beautiful interiors, the foyer lounge with the stained glass dome ceiling is truly a beautiful feature. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the breakfast lounge is charming and the formal restaurant is a delight. Then there are the amazing, stunning formal gardens, a lovely pool and terrace and an in house Spa … what's not to like about the Hilton Toledo. The staff are all really friendly and helpful and it's very peaceful being outside the main city. But maybe this is the slight drawback! It's a good 30/40 minute walk from the hotel to the Old town, but with good views on the way. The hotel does offer a free shuttle service 3 times a day but not in the evenings (not after 5pm). Each day i would take the shuttle in and then walked or caught a taxi back which was about 7 euros. So if you're wanting to experience the whole medieval feel of Toledo then this hotel s not for you but if you're wanting a relaxing break and added visits to Toledo this is the perfect place. I would definitely stay here again if i was in Toledo.

The breakfast was really good with a good selection and eggs cooked to order. The restaurant has an excellent degustation menu and well worth the euros. The pool was a little cold but it was lovely to have the comfy sun loungers to warm up in the sun after a swim!!

Wifi reception was good too, all in all a good hotel.

Room Tip: chose a room overlooking the pool and formal vegetable garden
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Bev082,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor.

Here at Hilton Buenavista Toledo we give high importance to guest feedback as it is our main source of improvement. It helps us achieve the best possible service every day.

I am glad to hear that we were able to make your stay a memorable one. Our main goal at Hilton Buenavista Toledo is to offer the best possible service to each and every one of our guests, and we feel greatly rewarded when we hear that we have succeeded in doing so. I will communicate your comments to the rest of the team, in particular your review of our gastronomic restaurant as I know our Chef will be very interested to hear it.

Nevertheless, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by the location of our Hotel. I can assure you I have taken good note of your comment regarding our shuttle service and I am happy to inform you that we are actually in the process of increasing its' frequency and widening its' operating hours.

Again, thank you for letting me know about your experience, I look forward to welcoming you back to Toledo and the Hilton Buenavista in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I guess my expectations were too high going in. I assumed that the deluxe rooms with "views" had views of Toledo, but I was wrong. I also assumed I wouldn't get an accessible room, but I was wrong there too. The rooms are very nice and very large. We had connecting rooms, as we had our 2 boys with us. Their bathroom was stunning, but the accessible bathroom in our room reminded me of a hospital or nursing home.

The pool was quite cold, so the kids didn't want to stay long. I went to the spa and felt like I was in an abandoned basement. The facilities were nice, but I hardly saw an attendant the whole 90 minutes I was there. If I had passed out in the Finnish sauna, no one would have known. The shuttle was quite convenient, but the walk uphill into town from the drop-off point was brutal. We decided to just take a taxi instead. We advised the hotel we were celebrating our anniversary, but there was no acknowledgement.

Toledo was wonderful, but a map is virtually worthless. We had a lot of fun getting lost in the winding lanes. Bring good walking shoes, as everything seems to be uphill!

Room Tip: Avoid accessible rooms unless you need one, don't recommend paying for rooms with views as the v...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BETH V
Dear Beth V,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your detailed review as it is the best source of improvements for us.

Here at Hilton Buenavista Toledo we try to offer the very best possible service to each and every one of our guests and I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed. In particular, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by your room type with disabled access. Unfortunately, during your stay the Hotel was at a high level of occupancy and considering you required a conecting room, the only one available was the one you were assigned to. I thank you for letting us know as this will help us find a solution and avoid this happening again.

I can also assure you I am following up on your comment regarding our Spa. We take our guest safety extremely seriously and I can assure you that at any given moment there are trained professionals in our Spa. Your comment will help us ensuring that this part of our service is up to the highest standards and I would like to thank you once more letting us know.

I would be delighted to welcome you back and show you the improvements you have helped us achieve,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My stay at the Toledo Hilton greatly exceeded my expectation. The staff were friendly and helpful. The accommodation was comfortable. The public areas were a delight. Although not located in the old city, it was easy to access the key sites. It has updated my view of the Hilton brand

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Robert C
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Robert C,

Thank you for having taken a few moments to share your opinion of our Hotel.

At Hilton Buenavista Toledo, it is our aim to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is a great pleasure to know when we succeed in doing so. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for such nice comments. I will share them with the rest of the staff as I know this will be rewarding to them.

Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here going south from the UK and back again. Its fabulous. Easy underground parking, or valet parking if preferred, welcoming, professional and smiling staff, wonderful, luxurious and spacious rooms - we travel with 2 small dogs and there are always 2 baskets and feeding bowls waiting.
Dinner is not gastronomic, but its adequate and breakfast is a feast.
The grounds are lovely and its all very relaxing, we wished we ould have stayed for 3 or 4 nights, its perfecet.
We didnt have time to use the spa but it loooks very nice.

Room Tip: I could, but I wont, because we want the same one again! However, the rooms on the 1st. loor with pr...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sissi282
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Sissi282,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Hilton Buenavista Toledo.

We really appreciate your positive feedback regarding the proffesional service of our team and comfort of our facilities. We are very happy that we were able to deliver our brand value of exceeding your expectations. I will share your review with the rest of the team as I know this will motivate them even further.

Nevertheless, I am sorry to hear that you were slightly disappointed with our gastronomic experience restaurant. I can assure you that our Chef Ángel Aceituno always works with the very best and freshest ingredients to change and improve our Quixote restaurant every week and the utmost care is used in designing and creating every dish.

Thank you again for your comments and we are really looking forward to welcome back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Words cannot describe how wonderful this hotel is !!!! From the moment you pull up you feel like you are living in luxury! Attentive staff, wonderful bedding and great shower pressure, great breakfast (much more than continental) , great outdoor pool, amazing views, what more could you ask for? We started our trip to Spain with this hotel and the amazing city of Toledo and now I fear the rest if the trip will not measure up!

We were lucky enough to get room 422, one of the best views of the city. If you are HHonors gold or diamond the breakfast is free (wonderful breakfast options!) and ask about the spa, I didn't figure out until just before we were leaving that as a gold member the thermal bath would have been free for us.

I could not think of a better place to stay in this amazing town and my husband and I cannot wait to return here one day. Thank you Hilton for an amazing place to stay,

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, 422,423,424
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luckyno39
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear luckyno39,

Thank you for having taken a few moments to share your opinion on Tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure to know that you entrusted us to provide you with the best possible accommodation throughout your recent trip to Toledo, and we would like to thank you for your interest in our hotel. Our team is very passionate in providing the best possible service, and it is great to know that we were able to deliver our brand promise.

At Hilton Buenavista Toledo, we recognize the importance of exceeding and surpassing your expectations and we are very pleased to know that you have fully enjoyed the different aspects of our service. I am especially delighted to hear that you felt welcome in our Hotel by our dedicated staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future.

Yours sincerely,