All reviews cooked food old city comfortable bed maids spain garage
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

We were able to book 2 nights from their website the day we arrived in Burgos on our Camino. Had a great stay - very comfortable bed, a large, clean bathroom with plenty of amenities, u Evolution. Close to the bus station, and a large supermarket - in addition to being a short walk from the old city center.

Highly recommend if you are looking for quiet convenience - and an oasis if comfort - for your stop in Burgos!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

If arriving by ferry in Santander late in the day and driving to the south of Spain, the Hotel is usefully located about two hours easy drive from the port. Short enough to easily make it before nightfall yet knocks 200kms off the drive the following morning. They have an hotel secure car park but it was full when I arrived. However I was able to park in the street immediately in the front of the hotel which is free until 10am. The overnight stay cost a very modest €39 even though I had not pre booked. For that I got a comfortable bed, a full bath and all the normal room extras to be able expected from a mid range hotel. I had breakfast the following morning for an extra €8 which again provided the normal wide range of choices from cereal, fruit, breads and toast and a reasonable choice of cooked food. The public rooms on the ground floor were spacious and uniquely furnished. A bit of character and not the usual bland hotel chain decoration. Very friendly receptionist. All in all it was everything I could have hoped for in a simple overnight stop for a very reasonable price.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

I spent three days at this very interesting four-star hotel 13-15 Oct. 2017. I kind of fell in love with it when I walked in. It had that overdone red and gold theme, with opulent decor but also very worn carpeting. I’ve always been a sucker for that look, especially when paired with exceptional staff. Seriously, you won’t find nicer workers than those at the front desk.

Sadly, the facilities did not live up to the price tag. In the room, there are two remote controls for the television. One must be turned on, and switched over to AV. Next, the other remote… Long story short, I was able to get the TV to work once. Otherwise, I was out and about around town, and could not be bothered to tell the staff that I could not indulge my guilty habiit at 11 PM.

The room, which ranged In price from euros 149-€40 depending on the day of the week, had two twin beds pushed together. Perhaps they were full beds. My items kept falling between the beds. A pen, money my bathrobe. I also had to fight the sheets to get in, so tightly made was the bed.

It also got pretty hot in there. I turned on the air conditioning system to have very hot air blowing out. Finally I just opened the large windows opening on to a strange cement roof that apparently was home to pigeons. It seemed safe just to leave it open.

The maids did a good job of cleaning things up during the day, but never gave me sufficient tissue to use. Consequently, I carried my own. Mind you, this is a four-star hotel! On the second day, the toilet seat cover just came off!

Large bathtub with jets streams was lovely.

WiFi is weak. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it turns on and off every two minutes.

The breakfast buffet was excellent.

If I stayed here again, it would be only during the week. Otherwise, the value is not there. While this hotel was probably spectacular about two decades ago, major repairs need to be done in order to update falling apart facilities. That said, I love the staff, and with the knowledge I have now I would stay there again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2017

A good surprise about the price for this Boutique Hotel. It's an old hotel, but I didn't think I'd find a hotel so classic for the price I paid a night in June.
Very well located, spacious and clean rooms. The reception with very dedicated staff who explained the places to visit in the city.
And there is garage in another building very close, for 6 €/day (we were on bikes, I don't know if it's the same price for cars).
We don't have breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights. Good location just outside main old city area so close to main sights and restaurants.
Hotel itself was disappointing as no public facilities such as bar/cafe although mentioned on our booking information.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple