Restaurante El 24 de la Paloma
Price range: US$33 - US$145
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, View, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We really enjoyed the modern spanish food, espacialy the slowly cooked pig was delicious.The winelist offers a nice selection of spanish wine. We chose the Priorat, definately to be recommended.
The setting of the terrace misses a bit of atmosphere and would definately benefit from an upgrade.
Not the cheapest in town, but price/value very good.

1  Thank Ingrid L

Reviewed 27 September 2012

We went in on recommendation from the hotel. When walking in, the staff ignored us and when we tried to speak spanish they just laughed. No menus translated and rude waitress. Dont bother there plenty of others.

13  Thank Drucey2
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Eating here was wonderful choice. Author cuisine. Plates made ​​at the time for you. A treat!.

I had seen on the internet that it was not very cheap but also that had good reviews and so we decided to give us a ... treat! .... and ....totally recommended!.

We tried the "Menu Castilian" -Crispy roasted peppers stuffed with black pudding and caramel juice/Marinated trout salad/Roast lamb with salad/Creamy homemade curd, flowers honey and walnut powder (25.50€+8% VAT/fixed price) and also, for me, two choices from the letter (Seasonal vegetables, prawns and ham and chlorophyll extract + Steak tartar), we only had the dessert that came with the "Castilian Menu" because I was absolutely full and could have not more food, all this plus 2 repetitions of this amazing freshmade bread (different varieties) + 4 beers + 2 great coffees. Total: 81.76€ (!).

Indeed if this restaurant was located in Madrid or Barcelona would have a significant waiting list but also competition among "equals" could make it not such spectacular as it results -price/quality- in Burgos.

I'm uploading photos almost of all the food we had but not from the appetizer of the "Castilian Menu" (Crispy roasted peppers stuffed with black pudding and caramel juice) ....We ate it inmediately ...... almost with our eyes closed!

Absolutely recommended!

2  Thank vambira
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I decided to go in this restaurant based on trip-advisor comments that cause me high expectation.
It is located close to Burgos Cathedral and Plaza Mayor.
We took a table outside to apreciate the street movent and atmosphere (unfortunately many people around were smoking).
The staff delivered a regular service and didn't demonstrate interest or initiative to help (just answering requests and sometimes very slow).
Food was good (nothing special). My wife ordered the Lamb and it was the best choice on the table (abundant and good taste). Price is not cheap, but acceptable considering location, etc.
I felt disappointed considering the comments I got here, but my overall experience was Ok.

11  Thank JoseCarlos1
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I dined there with friends on 13 Aug 2011 and ordered "menu castellano". All the 4 courses were just excellent, presentation creative, 3 compliments were included in price. All for just 32 euro + 8% VAT, which I think was ridiculous price for such a dinner and location. Wine cart was 90 pages, not bad:)

3  Thank Waltzzz