“Good and cheap”
Review of Entrearcos Hotel

Entrearcos Hotel
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Burgos
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Yes, the manager worries about those who walk the Camino de Santiago road... and that's actually a GOOD thing considering the widespread and well documented "bed bugs epidemic" associated with many walkers!

We are backpackers who were NOT from/to the Camino de Santiago. The manager asked us a few questions, and when we assured him that we came from Madrid and Salamanca (which is true), he wished us a good day and we had a pleasant stay.

By the way, the hotel is clean, cheap, and a few seconds (yes, seconds) away from the cathedral!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We arrived in Burgos on our 20th day of walking el Camino de Santiago. We wanted a hotel after three weeks in hostels with shared baths. Ran into fellow pilgrims who had reserved at this hotel...good price, great location, a/c. We left our bags with them at the cafe and went and booked a room. Were told rooms would be ready at 3. When we went back and began talking to the clerk, the burly manager walked over and told us we could not have a regular rom because we had been walking. He offered us a room no bigger than a broom closet that had a bunk bed stuffed in it, nothing else. We said we would not and it and he said, well, there are other hotels in the city. We we t down the street to hotel Norte and Londres and it was fine. What a jerk!

Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I first picked this hotel because its location, which is one of the few things it got going for them. I had a real hard time getting a response from them by email. I finally opted for just calling them and made the reservations with the caveat that I was transferring my luggage while walking the Camino de Santiago so my lugagge would be delivered ahead of my arrival on the ame day. All was agreed on and reservations were set.

Three days (3) before arrival WHILE I WAS ALREADY walking the Camino de Santiago I get a frantic call from the baggage transfer company (Jacotrans-- wonderful folks) that the Hotel Entrearcos would NOT accept the luggage. I then decided to cancel my reservation. I COULD NOT get hold of anybody; even Jacotrans could not get hold of them.

Fast forward a couple of days and while I was at Burgos I stopped over to see them. The staff could not find my cancellation email and threatened to charge me for the room. They even had the nerves to tell me that I had to email the evidence that I had cancelled.....as if THEIR email was working all of the sudden!!!???

For 3 Euros more than their quoted price I stayed at the Hotel Norte y Londres which was a WONDERFUL hotel who caters to Pilgrims with care and kindness. Hotel Entreacrcos is a dump with dumpy staff. AVOID at all cost!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NYChichi
Reviewed 25 May 2013

This Hotel may deserve a three star rating for its location but that is all, the room was so small we nearly had to stand on the bed to get past each other, the bathroom was also tiny, the front door, when opened only openers to the elevator, the reception is in the Bar, we have stayed in some small villages in Spain with lower star ratings but far better accommodation. We arrived before the 15:00 check in time so decided to have a look around the area so asked if we could leave our backpacks until check in only to be told this would cost us two Euro, when we tried to connect to their free WiFi it would not connect, we were told that this was because many people were using it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This hotel is perfectly located for visiting the sights of Burgos. The rooms are modern and clean and, of course, small as it is in Europe. But they are not so small as to be uncomfortable. The street it faces is not really noisy but if you want to leave the window open at night and sleep in a bit, wear earplugs as they clean the streets in the morning sometime. No breakfast included but we had some coffee and an apple in the bar area attached to it. I would definitely stay there again. Park in the Plaza Mayor public parking lot for around 12€.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The centre of Burgos, a party town, can be noisy at night. This centrally located small hotel, about 50 metres from the cathedral is quiet, with a small restaurant/cafe/bar attached that serves a continental breakfast - coffee, croissants, pastries, tortilla. The room was small but immaculately clean and had a lovely shower tower in the bathroom, wonderful after Camino albergues. It did not look out to the street below but rather the back wall of another building. All the staff were very helpful offering advice, information on opening hours, and directions, and the hotel was able to store my kit prior to checking in.
If visiting Burgos again I would choose to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Warning: The room is cramped. If you are big people. Much over 6 feet or overweight etc., you will be uncomfortable. Everyone else read on.

Ambience: This a very a modern hotel. Only two years old. Everything is glass and stone. There is no public room but there is a restaurant attached with nice outdoor seating.

Location: Can’t be better. Maybe the best in town. One half block from the cathedral and one block from the main square. Very convenient to everything.

Room: As noted the room is small, but it is well organized with built in closets and room for a small desk. There are plenty of lights and electrical outlets. The twins seemed wider than usual. The bathroom is small but the shower is generous in size and hot water. A great shower in fact.

Service: Service was very good and accommodating. They spoke English and were helpful with maps.

Best Restaurant on Camino: Not the hotel restaurant. I’m not telling the name of it. It’s only a block and a half from this hotel. Two floors. No outside seating. Superb, creative local cuisine served with flair. Saw no tourists but packed with locals. Ate there three times. Very reasonable prices for the quality. Huge servings so beware. House wine was excellent. Just ask the desk man at the hotel for the best restaurant with traditional food nearby.

Cathedral tips. Whether or not you are religious, attend the mass at 11:00 in the morning in the chapel on the ride side from where you enter at the front of the cathedral. The chapel has an exquisite gothic “arcade” faced by a world famous and very moving crucifix. The mass is conducted by three priests dressed in vestements. For pilgrims it’s a must. (For disclosure, I'm protestant.) Also, in the main cathedral there is a small Leonardo Da Vinci. Look at it as long as you like. In Paris or London you would be waiting in line to see it.

Stars: I’m giving this hotel five stars because, for the price, 59E, it was a great value.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple