“Loved Hotel, Pity About the Beds”
Review of Hotel Maria Luisa

Hotel Maria Luisa
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Burgos
London, England
“Loved Hotel, Pity About the Beds”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We recently stayed for 2 nights with friends, doing a little road trip on the path of the Cid, and this was such a lovely and convenient hotel. The staff was very friendly, hotel located close enough to downtown for a nice stroll, but not right in the middle of things and the breakfast was more than sufficient. The only letdown for us was the fact that the beds were SO hard that neither of us slept particularly well, despite propping ourselves up with pillows. The extra pillows were also a little difficult to locate as they were way in the back of a cupboard on top of the wardrobes. We are used to European beds being a little hard (we both have different back problems and a lovely memory foam mattress at home), but this was really a bit much and thus our sleep suffered.

Still, we would both recommend the hotel and probably go back again if we were ever in Burgos.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank IdahoSwede
Amparo S, Dpto.comercial at Hotel Maria Luisa, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.
We are glad that your stay with us was very positive, but we are so sorry to hear that you find the bed mattresses too hard for all of you. We take good note about all your comments and your sleeping difficulties during your stay, because it is really important for us to make sure our guests have a good night's sleep.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Burgos.
Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
HamiltonNZ
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I booked this Hotel as a previous reviewer had stated they had their bike (for biking the Camino) dropped off here.

When I arrived my bike was there. Excellent!!
I was greeted by a lovely young blonde women and I wish I could remember her name because she was just lovely and very professional.

My room was stunning. It was large, had a separate dinning area and a huge bath. It was very clean.
I had room service twice and it was great.
I had lunch and dinner in the restaurant and the meals were great but a little bit over priced.

However, my room was so very hot.
There was an Air conditioner but it was hiding behind a curtain. One of the cleaning staff came into the room to clean while I was there and pointed it out to me. However, it was nosey and didn't really do anything. I was grateful when the next day there was a thunder storm and it cool everything down.

While I was there, I had an accident (nothing to do with the Hotel) but it delayed me from starting my bike ride. I went to reception to ask to stay another night and I was made to feel like I was putting the Hotel out. It totally ruined the atmosphere for me after that.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Katsolo
Amparo S, Dpto.comercial at Hotel Maria Luisa, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Guest,
First of all thank you for your kind comments.
We are very glad that you enjoy your stay at Hotel Rice María Luisa.
We specially appreciate your good comments regarding the staff and the rooms. We are really sorry for our terrible mistake on the last day of your stay with us.
And we hope that you will choose us again in your next travels to Burgos.
Flitwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

11~14-Sept 2013
The entrance to this Hotel is easily missed unless you know where it is or are lucky to spot it early enough, we did a lap of the road outside and eventually stopped by the entrance to the underground car park, this allowed us to unload the luggage and take it to the Hotel where they give you an electronic key for the car park and explain which are their spaces (car park is chargeable €10.0 per day), (make a note of the bay number that you park in) This is a relatively small Hotel, and that includes the lift which was just ok for my wife and I with 2 large suitcases, probably could have squeezed one more in. The room we had was on the second floor and overlooked a local school which could get a little noisy at certain times of the day. The décor was mostly polished wood and the double bed was just a standard size one so not overgenerous with space. The bathroom was adequate and clean, although I had to tighten the Shower head to make it more usable. The room was clean and had an open-able window as well as an air-conditioning unit which was effective although Burgos is a little cooler than other areas of Northern Spain. The breakfast room is also a Café open to the public and there is some passing trade there. They can provide some evening meals if requested and it is the bar in the evenings (Monster sized Gin & Tonics) The food is quite nice although only the toast is hot (which you have to do yourself) otherwise just a cold buffet for breakfast but the coffee is good and plentiful and made freshly as you need it. The Hotel staff are friendly and helpful and provide maps and can mark them up to show you where everything is They even attempted to teach me some Spanish. It is about a 10 to 15 minute pleasant walk to the main town so no need to use the car or public transport. On the whole a very pleasant and friendly 3 star establishment.

Room Tip: The tour of the Cathedral is well worth the €7 each that they charge, it is a self tour with Audio g...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Amparo S, Director Comercial at Hotel Maria Luisa, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel Rice María Luisa and also his staff.
We are really happy that you enjoy your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit our town.
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We used this hotel on a trip from Germany to Portugal, a modest hotel in the centre of town. We had a problem with our journey and arrived about 1.00am. The reception man was very helpful. We arrived very thirsty he got us a lot of very cold water from the bar when we asked, very welcoming and nice man. Although i say modest hotel, it was spotlessly clean and tidy. We also luckily parked right outside on the street so cant say what the general parking is like in the day, maybe you would have to ask.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Amparo S, Dpto.Comercial at Hotel Maria Luisa, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor and for your kind words regarding the hotel Rice María Luisa and his staff. We are really happy that you enjoy your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Burgos.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here arranged by our tour. Location wise is i think ok however we arrived late so stores beside hotel are already close.its a bit old hotel still uses keys .rooms are quite small for 3pax although clean.
What I really appreciate with this hotel is their honesty. I left my money belt bag with my euros and pesos , hanged at their coat hanger. When I found out that the mb was left at the hotel and our bus was already at loyola we immediately notified and coordinated this hotel and thanks to them the staff and manager I got my mb in Amsterdam. A big big thanks. .

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank marge1017
Amparo S, Dpto.comercial at Hotel Maria Luisa, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding the staff.
We are very glad that you enjoy your stay at Hotel Rice María Luisa. We will be reviewing your comments in a hope to make improvements for the future.
We hope that you will choose us again in your next travels to Burgos.
Lyon, France
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean. The location was very practical. The price was easily affordable. They are to be congratulated for their superb breakfast. There was a large variety of food at the buffet, quiches, ham, hard boiled eggs, cheeses and tomatoes, sausages, etc. Lots of sweet food too. Cereal, donuts, croisants, etc. It's a great way to start the day.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.
We are very glad that you enjoy your stay at Hotel Rice María Luisa.
We specially appreciate your good comments regarding the staff, the cleanliness and also the breakfast buffet.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Burgos.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night in July. The girl at reception check in was very friendly and answered all our questions with a smile. Requested a room at a high floor level but the girl informed she has a quite room allocated to me on the second floor. When I got into the elevator discovered that the hotel does not have high floor levels as the highest button was number 2 in the elevator. Bed was comfortable. The shower in the bathtub was difficult to prevent water getting on to the floor. The air conditioner was noisy as it made a clicking sound every minute so had to t'urn it off during the night. Also there was some noise coming from internal courtyard, maybe a public bar? A couple of teenager decided at 1 am to leave their bedroom door open for half a hour while their parent were at the restaurant. They were shouting,dancing and playing I will try my luck somewhere else next time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Amparo S, Dpto.Comercial at Hotel Maria Luisa, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Guest,
First of all thank for taking time to review our hotel.
We are very sorry that you could not enjoy your stay with us. We will
make adjustment so that this does not occur for any future guests.
We hope that you give us a second chance next time.