I had reserved a junior suite and had hoped that this would be sufficient to get us in to the old part of the hotel. It was not. The room was perfectly nice; but expensive for what it was.
Check in and out were slow and inefficient to the point of comedy.
The common areas and the atmosphere around the cloisters are wonderful and are worth it even if the hotel itself is a bit flaky. The breakfast buffet was excellent but a bit of a scrum because of the number of people there and the lack of matching numbers of waiters.
This parador needs taking over by Four Seasons and smartening up to match its prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hostal de San Marcos is one of the most extraordinary historic hotels on the Old Continent. Construction of the building was begun in the 16th century, together with the bridge across the River Bernesga in the outskirts of León. It was built to house the peninsula's western headquarters for the Military Order of Saint James. The project was financed by King Ferdinand the Catholic. The magnificent hotel is a museum of stately function rooms, with a spectacular cloister and chapter house; spacious, elegant guest rooms; a library; and a wonderful restaurant that offers beautifully prepared traditional cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Parador "Hostal San Marcos" reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador De Leon Hotel Leon
- Parador De Leon León
- Parador De Leon Hotel León