“Cosy hotel, good location!”

Hosteria Casa Vallejo
Ranked #4 of 41 Salamanca B&B and Inns
london
“Cosy hotel, good location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hosteria Casa Vallejo, the staff were so friendly and helpful and provided a lot of information about Salamanca and where to visit.

The location is perfect, a 2 minute walk to the Plaza Mayor and was very quiet and safe.

A great value hotel in a lovely city!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

I stayed at this hotel last week on my first night in Salamanca (I was visiting my daughter who is a student there) The price was amazing. room was small but sufficient. It was IMMACULATE. No blowdryer and I almost burnt mine out! yikes!

VERY noisy but part of that was because there were college freshman "initiations" going on in town so the students were marching around town chanting all night.

Staff was very friendly but do not speak English. One lady in the morning spoke a little bit. However, this should not deter you as you are in Spain..and an older city, so you cannot expect everyone to speak your native language.

For the price we paid, I was very very very pleased. I stayed in a very comparable hotel in Rome for 5 times the price!

It was not fancy but I would definitely go back..and I'm picky!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank mjhesketh
Monterey, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2010

I stayed here my first two nights in Spain, so I was definitely tired and jet-lagged. Make sure you print out a map of the location before you go, I did not do this and had a very hard time finding the hotel, and even many of the locals I ran into did not know where it was located and had not heard of the street. It is only a few minutes from the Plaza Mayor.

The room I stayed in was very nice, and the price was right for my limited budget. There was internet but I honestly do not recall if there was A/C. I don't think there was, because I remember keeping the windows open.

Now, the BIG downside is that it is VERY noisy here. When I stayed there was construction going on outside from about 8 AM to 8 PM, and, more than anyplace I saw in Spain, people party here from about 8 PM to 6 AM!!!!! That meant constant noise. The good thing is I was so jet-lagged and tired, I could sleep through just about anything.

I arrived at about noon, and they let me check in, I showered up, walked around for a few hours, and came back around 3 pm and took a 3 hour siesta. I remember hearing a jack-hammer outside, but I was so exhausted I slept through most of it. And, I did get woken up during the night from the party-goers outside. But, hey, I was on vacation, so I really didn't let this get to me.

I probably would NOT stay here again because of the noise. It is a very nice place, but I would seek out somewhere a bit more off the beaten path away from the noise. Salamanca is pretty small. I sought this place out because it was located so close to the Plaza Mayor, but if I were to go again I'd look for a place a bit further out that was quieter.

Also, I was driving a car, and the only option for parking is to park for free on the outskirts of town (about a 20-30 minute walk) or to park in a downtown garage (this is what I did) for about 10 euros per night (and about a 5 minute walk).

There is a good tapa bar downstairs at this place.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo