“Good food quality, small menu..”
Review of Lui y Keito

Lui y Keito
Ranked #63 of 571 Restaurants in Salamanca
Price range: US$29 - US$59
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Salamanca, Spain
“Good food quality, small menu..”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We went here yesterday for lunch and the food was really nice but a bit over priced for what you get. €16.50 for a main, although it was quite big. There are no hot rice or noodle based dishes on the menu which are often good in Japanese restaurants. And they have selective sushi on the menu but its only nigiri and when we asked if they could make the same thing in maki form the waitress said no. Even though they make maki for the set sushi dish. Overall a nice place but I think they need to broaden their menu to include some more traditional dishes that aren't too expensive like some soba or udon noodles, yakisoba or something as a side dish instead of just meat or fish with little substance.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Sophie O

“The nicest restaurant I have ever been!!”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I would like to object the other English claimer's comment. The restaurant is very nice atmosphere but it is not a family restaurant environment I guess. As the person said in his or her comment, the place is not big enough for 10ish people. And it is very fashionable modern but classic restaurant. So simply they chose the restaurant wrongly.

In my opinion the waitress in the restaurant was so friendly and welcomed us very nicely. So simply I think that is of course claimer's misunderstanding or fault. What does zen mean? Even Japanese people cannot explain it perfectly though hahaha!!

Also please do not complain the weather haha, it is not certainly their fault.

I enjoyed the time staying in Lui y Keito and talking with a smiley waitress. It is needless to say that the food in the restaurant was such an unbelievable taste I have never ever tasted.

I live in London but it is very difficult to find such a restaurant in London.

Again, I can strongly recommend this restaurant^^€.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Hdvj
Madrid, Spain
“Have never been treated this horribly”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

It's difficult to write a review about a restaurant you didn't actually eat at. We reserved for 8 people - 6 adults and two of the best behaved children anywhere (and a baby). We booked it for 8:30 (gringo and opening time). On the phone we were fairly advised that there are no tables that large to accommodate us - I offered that it must be a nice small place, but that we have no problems breaking up our small group as we were looking forward to the Asian-Spanish fusion the other TripAdvisor reviews raved about. We arrived, in the rain, at the appointed hour and noticed the restaurant is actually quite spacious with many small tables. We were assigned two tables of four which were strangely back to back when there were other that were side to side. While Lui was trying to be polite, stoic Keito was glaring at our kids with samurai daggers protruding from hers eyes (almost swatting one as he played with a reservation card on the table), obviously perturbed that such creatures would unbalance the zen of their establishment. I politely enquired if we could move a table of two to the end of a table of six - curiously he said such a practice is not allowed in his restaurant invoking that there wouldn't be enough room for staff to move about. I'd normally concede on this point - but there was a good meter on either side of the table once the smaller table was added. As we were evidently not going to be enjoying ourselves after such a hostile welcome, we chose not to stay and ruin their Feng Shui and trodded off into the cold rainy evening in search of more friendly surroundings. See review for Barbacoa La Encina for the rest of the story!

Visited April 2012