“Best churros”

Ranked #1 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Salamanca
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Cuisines: Spanish, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The best chocolate in Salamanca, assorted cakes, custom cakes, custom and a wide selection of products
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed two weeks in Salamanca because I was studying spanish in college and during my stay I went two times to cafe valor.
I ate churros with chocolate.
The first time I didn't eat good churros, maybe because the cafe was too crowded and it was 7:30 pm! But the second time I went there was 5:30/6:00 pm and I ate churros with hot chocolate. Churros were delicious and also hot chocolate.
It's not expensive, it's very cheap, one of the cheapest cafe in Salamanca!
I went also in another cafe were churros were disgusting and I paid 2,50 euro for 2 churros and 1 little hot chocolate.
But at Valor I ate a lot of churros and a delicious big hot chocolate for only 3 euro!
Amazing! The next time that I will be in Salamanca, I will come to eat churros at Valor, sure!

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Don't bother with churros anywhere else! Here they are made fresh, not reheated after a day of going stale. The chocolate options are good too. I like the 'sin azúcar', it tastes like dark chocolate and still seems plenty sweet. The milkshakes are decent too. Be aware that this is a popular afternoon spot and you may be fighting with large groups of teenagers for a seat. Also, it closes a bit early for dessert, which is strange, and they sometimes run out of churros by the end of the day (9pm).

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stopped in on the spur of the moment when passing by and had chocolate and churros, which were perfectly fine. Seems like an old-school atmosphere although rather quiet at the time.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

The traditional chocolate con churros - those long thin, crispy sort of doughnuts that you dunk into your hot chocolate.

The best thing is to dunk them in the chocolate, then into the sugar you have carefully sprinkled on your plate just ready for this.

Then take a bite.

Bet you can't resist eating some more!

All Spanish towns and villages have somewhere that serves this, and very many of them serve Valor chocolate. But here is Valor chocolate made by Valor on the premises.

They have a chain (it's a franchise) over a lot of Spain, but not yet in Andalucia. If you fancy setting up a business selling hot chocolate, churros, waffles, and much more, please please please start it up near where I live in the province of Malaga!

And wherever there are Valor chocolate shops, they are the top place for your chocolate con churros.

So much so that on Saturday and Sunday mornings, there are queues in the street to get in.

Don't bother with breakfast in your hotel. Just ask at Reception for them to show you the Calle Libreros on a map, and come here instead. Cheaper, much cheaper than in the hotel, and so deliciously, wonderfully, marvellous scrumptious.

And whenever you see a supermarket anywhere in Spain, pop in to see if they sell the Valor chocolate to make at home. There is a powder version which is very nice, but the absolutely lip-licking to die for version is the large bar of Chocolate a la Taza. It's a deep maroon colour, costs just over €2.

Buy it, take it home, be reminded of Spain.

2  Thank Turista-Inglesa
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I had the chocolate cake with chocolate sauce which was okay but not as almondy or as dense as I was expecting. My friend had the waffles. These were really good - crisp on the outside and the perfect texture inside. My thick, cold chocolate drink was good too. We 're going back tomorrow to try the churros. Prices were very reasonable and the quality of the chocolate high.

1  Thank BlackAmber