Abba Fonseca Hotel
Ibis Salamanca(Salamanca)(Great Value!)
US$62
  • Restaurant
Room Mate Vega(Salamanca)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$86
US$144
US$138
  • Restaurant
Vincci Ciudad de Salamanca(Salamanca)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$59
  • Room Service
US$94
US$87
Agoda.com
Hostal Plaza Mayor(Salamanca)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$593
US$73
  • Bar/Lounge
US$102
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat hotelcoffee pastryplaza mayorthe main touristcathedral viewroom was largehistoric centersecure parkingold citystayed here for nightsbreakfast buffet isfive minute walkhotel roomgood sizehotel is locatedcomfortable bedperfect location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We had a large upstairs room with a beautiful view of the cathedral(s); great location, short cab ride from the train station. Beautiful bathroom and nice toiletries. We loved our time here and appreciated the use of the computer in the lobby, as well as free wi-fi when using our laptop in the lounge area. Breakfast was good - fresh pastries, fruit, etc., though cereal choices were all sweet; variety of yogurts and juices was nice; staff was all helpful and service oriented. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Worth a little extra for view room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SaraEOakland
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I am happy to say that I have found a hotel that reminds me of what I miss from the US: Its spacious rooms and king-size beds in a room for for ONE person. This hotel is clean, spacious, and comfortable. It also has the amenities everyone likes--pool, gym, two sinks, and nice soaps, shampoos, WiFi, concierge services. I haven't yet tried the restaurant, but I did have room service. Both the voice over the phone and the staff at the front desk are professional and polite. I cannot, however, give the hotel the best rating; it has some areas that need improvement. First, the beds are not up to par. In almost every other way it meets my standards of comfort for hotels in the US. The mattresses need to be either updated or they need to invest in better brands. But, I haven't lost sleep in spite of the fact that the mattress is too thin and flimsy, or that the pillows are about the thinnest I've ever seen! What bothers me most is the fact that I have to pay for access to WiFi. I never choose to stay in hotels that don't provide its guest w/free access to WiFi, but this is a business trip and the organization booked the room or I'd be staying somewhere else. They charge 10,50€ per day for access to WiFi or you can pay by the hour. There is free Internet in the lobby for 10 minutes at a time ¡Qué barbaridad! For some, paying for access to the Internet may seem reasonable, but I feel that paying 2,95€ for a 50cl bottle of Fanta more than makes up for whatever loss they might experience for providing free WiFi in the rooms.

If you just want a clean room in a nice hotel close to everything in Salamanca, this is the place, but free WiFi should be an amenity that's included in the price of the room, and I am willing to try their competition that may lack the pool just to be able to use Skype to call the US when I travel.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Travelsindiinero
Reviewed 28 October 2011

The reception staff are really helpful and very friendly.

The rooms are large and modern, I booked a room with a view of Salamanca and we could
see the historical buildings from our room, very nice. The bathroom was very clean and the toiletries were good.

Breakfast was included and the freshly made fritattas were superb.

The prices in tne bar were very reasonable.

The walk into the historical area was about 5 minutes very short and Salamanca is really impressive.

The local people are very friendly, a really nice place to visit.

Room Tip: This hotel is extremely good value the room with a view is a corner room with double views.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marg10Perth
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Excellent location for seeing Salamanca -easy walking to all the of the sights – just outside of the historic center. The hotel has large, modern rooms with many amenities and is in a beautiful old rennovated building. The immediate area is pretty, especially when lit up at night. Coming from the Madrid airport, we felt it would be easier to find than going into the historic area.

The hotel wasn’t as easy to find as we expected since the entrance is located on a small plaza not accessible by car. We parked nearby and looked for it on foot. We avoided the high cost of breakfast and ate in a nearby café. We would definately choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jandmVermont
Reviewed 27 October 2011

When we were looking for a hotel to stay for our one night in Salamanca, we ended up with the dilemma to choose between this hotel and another located near the old bridge. After being able to see the location and the facilities of the other hotel, we did not regret our decision at all. The hotel has a magnificent location, about 5 minutes walking distance from the Plaza Mayor and all the important sites. The front desk personnel were very attentive to our needs and very friendly. Our room was clean, the beds were comfortable and above all the room was very quiet. Although we stayed on the 3rd floor, our room did not have the view to Salamanca’s old town but we were able to take pictures of that magnificent view from the windows on the hall to the right of the elevator. It was mesmerizing! Our group opted for not having breakfast at the hotel, but I took a peek on what they were offering and it looked very good and with a normal breakfast variety. Like the previous hotels we stayed, we had to pay for parking (around 14 Euros) but their facilities were very convenient since they were located in the hotel‘s basement. That gave us peace of mind because they seemed very secure. If I go back to Salamanca, I will gladly stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you would like to have a magnificent view of Salamanca, ask for a room with a view in the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends