“Absolutely wonderful culinary experience”
Review of La Boca Abierta - CLOSED

La Boca Abierta
Price range: US$6 - US$31
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The multifaceted la Boca abierta comprises a tapas bar, lounge area and Wine Cellar. Located a few steps from Plaza Mayor, la Boca abierta offers tasty fusion cuisine which can be enjoyed in a laid-back, cosy atmosphere, complemented by friendly service. The design of la Boca abierta combines historical beauty with contemporary architectural creativity.
Reviewed 15 April 2014

One of the best restaurants I've ever been to! Excellent food, freshly prepared and of great quality ingredients. We had a wide selection of tapas to start with - I loved the mini burgers and mini pizzas. The salads and pasta dishes were full of flavour, incredibly tasty and beautifully presented. One of my friends had a fillet steak and it was AMAZING! American Burger is worth recommending as well as the hake fillet in tempura. The restaurant is beautiful and stylish yet unpretentious. It amazes me how they can produce such wonderful food at such low prices too. In the evening the restaurant transforms into a buzzing cocktail bar with some stunning drinks and great choice of Gin & Tonic, prepared to the best of standards. All in all I would definitely go back, again and again.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I go to la Boca abierta every time I visit Salamanca. I love the ambience of the place, the food is incredible, freshly prepared tapas are the best ones I have ever had in Spain. I had also try their Burger - exquisite! Amazing quality beef, homemade onion marmalade - lovely. A place with soul and friendly service. Don't miss out.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Spent a weekend in Salamanca and came across this restaurant on the second night. Our only mistake was that we went to other restaurants ad well which were very poor in comparison to la boca. The 3 course lunch was excellent and imaginative every day. In the evening id transformed serving well balanced evening dinner menu along with fantastic, freshly prepared tapas. But that's not the end of it. The bar has a wonderful variety of drinks including classic cocktails and wines. The staff are friendly and professional. I truly recommend!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Our son was studying Spanish in Salamanca and took us to this restaurant on our first night of visiting him. We were charmed from the moment we stepped in and we ordered wonderful cocktails. We were given a beautiful table on the raised section at the front. Jasmine the owner recommended a local wine which was divine and she helped us order the tapas. The portions are so generous that we couldn't believe how much food we had in front of us. Each dish was delicious from an onion filled hamburger, to Iberico ham, subtle fish dishes, risotto, and the list goes on. We had such a wonderful time that we returned to eat dinner there again even though we were in Salamanca for only 3 nights! The bill was extremely reasonable for the quality of food, the exceptional service and the great location. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough.

1  Thank Nicola K
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Good food, affordable prices and high quality service...definately a great choice if you pass by Salamanca....I can deeply recomend it.

1  Thank Alexromanleis