Olid Hotel
The Book Factory Hostel(Valladolid)(Great Value!)
US$64
Agoda.com
US$84
HotelQuickly
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed here for four nights as part of wine tour organized from England. The hotel is in a good central location both for the wine areas around Valladolid and the Plaza Major with all its bars and restaurants. I had no choice in whether I stayed here or not as it was the accommodation allocated to the wine tour and I read trip advisor carefully before I went so it was with some trepidation that I arrived looking for bed bugs, lumpy pillows, falling ceilings, noisy neighbours, etc. There were no bedbugs, one of the pillows was lumpy but they happily changed it, all the walls and ceilings in my room remained intact, the neighbours in the street were exceptionally noisy (until 4:30 am) but we were given an internal room instead (others in our party were not so lucky as they did not have enough rooms to change all of us) so all in all it was not nearly as bad as I was expecting.

It wan't four star luxury but it was perfectly adequate for our needs. It was clean, the rooms were a reasonable size, the breakfast by Spanish standards wasn't bad at all and the staff tried to resolve issues where they could.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room that overlooks the adjoining street - go for an internal room so you don't get the street noise of partying locals.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tiggerlives
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with a wine group for four nights. While appreciating this is not a tourist region (although there was a business convention staying at the hotel during our stay, plus the Real Madrid 2nd team for a match), the hotel was lacking in several respects, considering it proclaims 4 star status.

First the good things. Central location, clean, comfortable room and bathroom, breakfasts fine.

However, there were no bathrobes in the bathroom, toiletries were limited to 2 small containers of shower gel, there was only one pillow per person and the information file was in Spanish and French only.

Far worse, hotel bars are meant to be convivial places, particularly for enjoying a drink with friends before and after an evening out. The barman was surly and unwelcoming, so we only went there once and took our considerable custom to the very friendly little tapas bar over the road.

On our last night we dined at the hotel. The restaurant staff were curt and seemed keen on getting service over and done with as soon as possible. The fish soup starter was OK, but the main course was inedible: a leathery escalope (no idea what the meat was) and dried up pasta. Dessert was the same apple flan I'd had for breakfast that morning.

I hate complaining, but this is not a 4 star hotel and customer service was poor. A great shame, as otherwise we all enjoyed our stay in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank SAAWimbledon
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights as part of a tour. The room was clean and comfortable, if lacking in extras like coat hooks, drawer space and spare pillow. Bathroom clean with lots of hot water, but minimal toiletries . The breakfast was average to good.
Front desk staff were helpful, but after one trip to the bar, I never went again, due to high prices and the unhelpful and unfriendly attitude of the barman. There is a good tapas bar opposite, friendly and cheap.
The one group dinner we had was possibly the worst I have ever [not] eaten. Unidentifiable fried meat and dried up pasta. Dessert was left over apple tart from breakfast.
Good location, shame about the rest.

Room Tip: not facing the main street if you stay on a Saturday night.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank florence45London
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Beware of Danger!
A big metal piece fell off the ceiling in room 416 on Sep 15, 2012 occupied by one member of my family. No one was hurted but the risk was obvious. Had it fallen on anybody the consequences would have been quite serious. Neither the Management nor the Company did provide any satisfaction either verbal or else let alone gave any assurance on this type of accident not happening again in the premises. Can provide pictures and letters upon request.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2012

This is a very standard hotel, I used it for just one night and the price quality was ok. Close to the city centre (5 minutes walking) quite old but clean and ok for the price (65 Euros a double including a decent but not outstanding breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple