All reviews rooftop pool hip hotel eixample district fantastic hotel lobby bar comfortable bed superior room little touches a great stay special thanks tourist sites sun loungers minute walk loved this hotel our honeymoon bottle of cava would definitely stay here again
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

I feel I need to share my experience for the safety of other guests.

My husband & I have stayed in The Corner Hotel on 4 previous occasions and have Always been very happy. However on this occasion we stayed here and my husband had his watch stolen in the lobby. This in itself was a very disturbing situation, made worse by the attitude of the hotel manager ( Xavi ) !!

When the hotel manager was advised of the situation he provided no help in calling the police, or in comforting us throughout the experience. He advised us that the police were too busy to attend to the situation, however when My husband called the police they attended ( blue lights flashing ) to address the situation, some forty minutes later.

All I wish to do with this review is to make others aware that this hotel is aware there are problems in the local area but are not prepared to provide sufficient security measures to protect and make safe their guests. What’s incredibly interesting is that when we stayed here recently the hotel had security staff in the lobby !!! So I think they know that the hotel is unsafe, however the security guards are no longer present.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME DIRECT TO DISCUSS THIS REVIEW -
I CAN ASSURE YOU THIS IS 100% GENUINE.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DizeyL
adjuntodireccion2016, Director General at The Corner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear DizeyL,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comment regarding your recent stay at The Corner Hotel.

I deeply regret the incident you have suffered outside the entrance of the hotel, and also surprised of this episode, as normally Eixample district is a truly safe and quiet area of the city.
I am very sorry to read that the experience in Barcelona and namely in the hotel was not entirely satisfactory this time and the provided help was not in line with your expectations. We understand that Xavi, our night receptionist, made his best, calling the Police and dealing with the giving circumstances. Also when we spoke over the phone on Friday night I explained you what the police told to my colleague Xavi, and I asked Xavi to keep calling the police, and finally with a 40 minutes delay and due to the insistence of the Hotel and your husband´s call, the police arrived.

I personally apologize for the inconvenience experienced in this neighborhood. Please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.

Kind regards,

Martí Majoral
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

On holiday from Australia we decided to do a city break checking the reviews we picked the Corner Hotel . We were not disappointed what a fantastic hotel going well beyond our expectations Everything about it from room to bar to breakfast and most of all the staff speaking of which a special thanks to Raul on reception for organising all of our excursions outstanding service..
I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel and thanks for making a holiday even better.
Regards Ian Janssen

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
adjuntodireccion2016, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at The Corner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Dear Coastal402406,

Thank you so much for providing your feedback of your recent stay with us. It sound like from the room to the breakfast you loved it all. We haveshared your kind comments to Raul and rest of our team as a lovely reminder of what they do best!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, in the meantime, all the best,

Reviewed 20 September 2018

You will not regret staying here. The rooms are very clean and cosy. The hotel itself is very photogenic and stunning. The reception staff are very nice and helpful. what more do you want! ALSO in a very nice part of town... not right in the noisy part but still in the city centre. Another touch.... IT HAS A ROOF TOP POOL!!!

I loved my stay here and you will to!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justina I
adjuntodireccion2016, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at The Corner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2018

Dear Justina,

Thank you for taking time to share such a convincing comment following your recent experience here and for recomming us!! We cannot be happier when we read that our guests had a great time with us.

We look forward to having you back soon again,

Best wishes,

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I had sent the hotel some room requirements and when I checked in, I realised they had not been dealt with. When I questioned the lady at the front desk, she became very defensive and made excuses but looked into the type of room I had asked for. The gentleman, Juan then took me up to the new room and tried to explain in a much more eloquent style what happened and apologised which was all I was looking for. I then went out briefly and came back to two beers in a cooler and a nice plate of bread and ham as an apology. I was very appreciative. The room was very stylish, a nice little balcony. Great shower (although the hot water took a while to come on). Very comfortable bed. Had some issues with the Bluetooth speakers but they were resolved. One thing that wasn’t was the internet connection but I didn’t report it to the hotel just used my own portable WiFi which was faster. I also was given a couple of free drink tickets which came in handy. I didn’t manage to get up to the roof terrace which was unfortunate as it seemed very nice. All in all, I had a great stay and highly recommend this hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
adjuntodireccion2016, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at The Corner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Greetings from The Corner hotel Mr. Jackson! Thank you so much for sharing this 5star hotel review with us and other travelers! We are happy to know that you enjoyed the new provided room and you really appreciated the service received by Juan, we are very proud of our staff and it is pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours.

It will be a pleasure for all of us have you back, if so, please send us an email to recepthecorner@nnhotels.com so we can assing you a similar room,

Have a nice day ahead,

Reviewed 17 September 2018

This was one of four hotels we stayed at during our Spain trip, and the one I was least excited about. Not that it didn't look amazing, but the others looked even better. However, this hotel was the most surprising of the bunch. Great service, nice roof top pool, cozy large rooms, and convenient location. Located in more of a residential area, it puts you just outside the super busy touristy areas, but everything is easily accessible via a short walk.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Ben E,

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome 5star review! We are thrilled to know that we were a nice surpirse for you, we constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. We are also very fortunate to have a fantastic location, close to the main Barcelona attractions but still in a really quiet neigborhood.

We are looking forward to your return, in the meantime, all the best,