We arrived at the apartment at the time we were given and told not to be late, in fear of incurring a late fee and upon arrival we were told that the room wasn't ready and that we would have to leave for another hour and a half. Tired and exhausted from the flight, we left. When we came back there were problems with payment- as the reception woman could not work the credit card machine. Her attitude was short and surly and made us feel unwelcome and like we were a nuisance. When we arrived in our room, albeit clean, had a very distinct, pungent smell, coming from the wall behind the rubbish bin, which made it quite unpleasant to be in the room with the door shut.
When it came time to leave, check out was at 11am, and we were told we were to be out by that time, but bond wouldn't be able to be collected until 1- meaning we had to stay in the area for 2 hours.
When we eventually got our bond back, it was given to us by a woman, who was on the phone and waved the money at us- without looking up from her phone call or even acknowledging our presence. Very rude and gave us a negative impression of the people in that company. Would not recommend this place to anyone visiting Barcelona for the first time. To top it off, incredibly overpriced for the value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Bacardi Palace, a Colonial property built in the 1850s for the Marquess de Bacardi located at the hottest spot of Barcelona, right in Las Ramblas and behind Plaza Reial. Despite its modern facilities the property has retained its character, dating back to when Cerda and Gaudi started to build the new city of Barcelona. We look forward to welcoming you to the Bacardi Palace.The apartments have been newly refurbished, with queensize double beds, private closets and a living room with excellent views over Las Ramblas or Plaza Reial. There's a fully-equipped private kitchen for preparing your own meals, and a new private bathroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Stayforlong S.L., LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Las Ramblas Passatge Bacardi Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Ramblas Bacardi Apartments Hotel Barcelona
- Las Ramblas Passatge Bacardi Apartments Barcelona, Catalonia