“A convenient and good place to stay”
Review of Hotel Curious

Hotel Curious
Ranked #83 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I spent one week at the Hotel Curious last Nov-Dec, my second visit in Barcelona and the first in this hotel Curious. The hotel is located right in the middle of the touristic and at walking distance from most interested places to visit, and close by the sea. on a small and very quiet lateral street of the famous La Rambla. From the airport, you take the AeroBus (only 6 euros) and 25 min later (last stop) you arrive at the Catalunya Placa, which is 10 min walking distance from the hotel. The hotel is relatively simple but cheap, the rooms are small but charming and clean. Anyway, in Barcelona there are so many things to visit during the day or to enjoy in the evening that you will not spend much time in your room. Most importantly, the service is excellent and the people at the lobby (who usually speak 2 or 4 languages) are very helpful for the organisaton of your daily excursions or for recommending the best places to eat. They have only one star but I would give them 3 stars because of the service, kindness of the people and cleanliness of the hotel. On my preceeding trip I left in tree stars and more expensive hotel but really I enjoy much my stay at the cheaper hotel Curious. Best to reserve the room as soon as possible before the start of your trip.

Room Tip: My room (single 205) was at the back side and at the 3d floor.
1  Thank HenrigParis
Artur29, Gerente at Hotel Curious, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for your choosing us in Barcelona, and also for your lovely review.

As you pointed out, Hotel Curious is just 5 minutes walk from Aerobus stop in Plaza Catalunya. This is the easiest way to come to the hotel, located right in Barcelona city center.

We are deeply glad that you had a great experience in our boutique hotel and we really hope to see you soon again!

My best regards,

Hotel Curious Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,559)

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I chose Hotel Curious based on tripadvisor reviews and I was not disappointed! The hotel is located on a quiet street off Las Ramblas, about a 10 min walk from where the Aerobus dropped me off at Plaza Catalunya. It is centrally located, very close to shops, restaurants and sights... there is even a grocery store across the street! I was allowed an early check in, and my room was upgraded. The room was a good size, and the bathroom spacious... both areas were very clean. Breakfast was more than adequate... a great start to a long day of sightseeing! The hotel was secure, the staff friendly and helpful. I had an early flight the day of my departure and the staff had breakfast ready for me at 3:30am! I hope to return to Barcelona and would definitely stay at this hotel again!

1  Thank T E
Artur29, Gerente at Hotel Curious, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you so much for such a lovely review you wrote about Hotel Curious!
As you said, cleaning is very important for us, so all our rooms and the whole Hotel itself is cleaned daily. We are so glad you liked our breakfast, free WIFI and location, it really is the perfect point to start the day.

We'd like to thank you very much for trusting us, and we really look forward to welcoming you soon again!

My best regards,

Reviewed 28 December 2013

While we have visited Spain several times this was the first trip to Barcelona (4 days). Hotel Curious is just 100m off Rambla in the thick of that district of shops and restaurants. I have never found a hotel staff more helpful. They understood our mobility limitations as a senior couple. Restaurant recommendations were right on the mark and obviously not just the popular tourist places. While spartan, the staff and location more than made up for this. Room was large and comfortable. We like the rooms that face Carme, particularly the upper floors. WiFi works well and is free. Security was excellent as no one can enter with out being seen by the front desk and they seem to know all the guests by name after check-in. A small frig would have been a nice addition. Best value we have seen in a long time. Don' miss the lunch counter in the market (entrance from Carme, 50M) or Rambla). It will be the one with a crowd waiting. You have to wait for a stool but the vegetables and sea food are outstanding

Room Tip: Ask for 3rd or 4th floor room facing Carme
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HCStroupe

Dear Sirs,

Wow, first of all thank you very much for choosing Hotel Curious among so many hotels in Barcelona for your first visit to our beloved city. We are very honoured to have been the ones who introduced you so many things Barcelona can offer.

As you said, WIFI and breakfast are free. When you come to Hotel Curious there are no extra-surprises: your stay is complete and you know the price from the begining. And our staff... is always willing to help you so do not hesitate to ask us anytime you wish. We're here for this!

We hope to welcome you another time soon!

Thank you so much!

Our best regards from Barcelona,

Reviewed 23 December 2013

The hotel was great and situated near the Ramblas so a good for visiting the whole city of Barcelona. Staff was very friendly and service minded.We would go there again and recommend it to our friends

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Artur29, Gerente at Hotel Curious, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor! Thank you for trusting Hotel Curious and sharing your experience with other travellers. We are very grateful!

We look forward to welcoming you soon anytime you wish to visit Barcelona.

All the best from BCN city center,

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We were very impressed with this well-located hotel. The rooms though small,were adequate and very clean. All the staff were very friendly and helpful with directions and recommendations. I did find our room too noisy as it was next to the street, but after I mentioned it to the hotel we were moved to a quiet room at the back. The breakfast was good value but I would have preferred a healthier cereal such as muesli, bran or oats rather than 2 sugar laden ones and an option of brown bread rather than white - a small point.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the street
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We stayed at Hotel Curios in the beautiful city of Barcelona, this was an excellent experience all around. The location of the hotel makes it accessible to the Metro system, the famous Ramblas,and a cab ride to Sagrada Familia (a magnificent church to visit). There are many restaurants and tapas bar at walking distance. Definitely a great place to stay.

Have fun!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I just completed a 2-night stay at Hotel Curious and I am quite happy with my choice. I booked this hotel because of the excellent reviews, attractive room rates, and for it's location just across the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona. Most first-time travellers to this historic city will most likely appreciate that La Rambla is only a few steps away from the hotel's enrance but since I am a return visitor I liked the hotel more for its proximity to the Gothic Quarter. Upon my arrival, the reception I got from the amiable staff was warm and friendly. Other staff members who were at the reception thereafter were as gracious and helpful so kudos to all of them for being very pleasant.

The bedroom and en suite bathroom is a bit small even for a solo traveller like me but its diminutive size is typical throughout Europe so it seems pointless to complain about this. Despite its size, the room was well-maintained and very clean. The same cleanliness is also noticeable throughout the hotel. I do have to point out that the complimentary wifi was quite weak and unstable during my 3-day stay so it was difficult to access the internet from my room on the first floor. However, the wifi signal was quite strong at the lobby and the use of a desktop computer was also provided by the hotel free of charge.

Lastly, the inclusive breakfast was served buffet style. Assorted breads, fruits, cold meats, and cheese were offered which I thought was more than enough to fill one up during breakfast.

Hotel Curious presents great value for money in a city where accomodations can be quite expensive so this quaint property is therefore highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Artur29, Gerente at Hotel Curious, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I'd like to thank you personally for trusting Hotel Curious once again. Hearing that you had a great second stay with us really makes me happy. We work daily to improve every single thing we do here: breakfast, the wifi signal, our 24h service at the front desk, the variety of the breakfast, cleaning, social network content and online guest service... and recently we have launched a Barcelona Curious Guide app, for free for all our guests, that I hope that you have enjoyed a lot during your stay with us.

We really hope to see you again at Hotel Curious. You know where your home is in Barcelona!

Best regards,