All reviews rooftop bar great location la rambla central location splash pool universitat metro station small balcony coffee pods nice toiletries superior room lovely hotel enjoyed our stay bottle of cava on arrival blackout curtains small hotel minute walk
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Really pleasant experience
Staff r very helpful
Rooms are very clean, modern
Well appointed
Only negative would be is that it’s hard to control temp so nite room temps can get very cold
6th flor terrace is very pleasant
Great sangria
Small small pool but that’s to be expected
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel since location is great to get around and service is wonderful

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Gemma_RAVASI_Bcn, Director General at Hotel Midmost, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Ron A,

First of all, thank you very much for your lovely post about your recent stay at Midmost.
We are thrilled to learn that you truly liked our staff who went above and beyond to assit you at any time during your stay. Thank you also for your kind words to our rooftop terrace and our lovely sangria.
We would like to apologozie if maybe, the air conditioning was not as easy to manage as you expected. We truly appreciate your comments as they help us to keep on improving.
Thank you also for recommend us to future travellers to Barcelona.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very nice small boutique hotel near La Rambla. Clean rooms, very good breakfast, nice terracce with small swimming pool,nearby many different shops, restaurants. We vere unlucky because at the time of our stay taxis and uber didnt work for few days, but few minutes walk is a subway station. so we could manage it. If I ll go to Barcelona I will stay in Midmost hotel again. Front desk people were nice, helpful and recommended us some nice places for dinner.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Renata Tes,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave such a wonderful review about your recent stay at Midmost.
We are thrilled to learn that loved the cleaning of the rooms, the good breakfast and the rooftop terrace with the small swimming pool and bar.
We are sorry to read that you were here just the days that there was a taxi strike. However, it is good to read that you managed yourself to move around.
Let me share your comment with Front Desk Team, as they did their best to assist you at any time.
Thank you once again for your wonderful review. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Maribel Ponce
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed several days recently (Sept 2018) while my husband was in Barcelona for business. The location of the hotel is terrific, right off the Rambla de Catalunya near the Gothic Quarter -- 5 minutes to Placa Catalunya, maybe 10 minutes to the Gothic Quarter, totally easy. There is a metro/subway stop (Universitat) on the corner, 1-2 minutes from the door. There's shopping right along the route to Placa Catalunya, including the largest Sephora I've ever been in, if that's your thing. (It had a slide at the entrance, no kidding.)

The decor was attractive and fresh, both in the room and in the common areas. The room was well cleaned. The room was a little small, but probably a normal size for a European hotel room. The shower was good and there was never any issue with having hot water or enough water pressure.

We enjoyed getting a drink on the rooftop and the lovely views. Note that the pool is pretty small -- more for cooling off or lounging than actual swimming. We appreciated that they had a supply of umbrellas next to the main door for taking on loan when the weather required.

Now for the negatives: At times, there was a notable unpleasant smell. Not unbearably strong, but it was definitely a sewage smell. At a four-star hotel, this isn't something you're wanting to tolerate at intervals.

Our "queen" bed was actually two twins together, which I guess is common in Europe but detracted from the bed's comfort. As it was, I found the mattress a little too hard, and there was a definite ridge where the edging on the mattresses met in the middle. Most frustrating, however, was that they did not provide a BLANKET on the bed. At all. Instead, they layered two flat sheets. I understand that this might be helpful in the hottest of weather, but I ended up being cold and more than once woke up to put on warmer pajamas. It's easy enough to remove a blanket that isn't wanted -- it should have been on the bed. In fairness, there was one in a plastic zipper case on the top shelf in the wardrobe, but frankly, I didn't know when it had been last laundered and so I didn't want to use it.

My husband loved the breakfast, although I found it overpriced for what it was. As someone who doesn't eat much meat, I found the vegetarian protein options disappointing. The scrambled eggs were so wet/gloppy, you'd have thought they came in a cream sauce. One day, they didn't provide any scrambled eggs at all, and I heard the woman who runs the breakfast being a little dismissive when another visitor asked about them. For a breakfast that runs about $20 (16 Euro), I would have expected them to ensure that they had eggs -- and to at least be apologetic when asked. There is a Costa Coffee (similar to a Starbucks) directly across the street, in case you'd prefer to save some money by skipping the hotel's breakfast offer. You could easily get coffee and a light breakfast there for a third of the cost.

Overall, it's a clean, attractive hotel in a great location. There were some annoyances, though, and while I might stay there again, I'd probably shop around again if I were returning to the area.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear CA-by-way-of-IL,

Firts of all, thank you very much for taking the time to share your constructive comments on tripadvisor as they help us to improve.

First of all, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences caused during your stay. I truly regret to learn that we did not meet your expectations and that you had some negatives issues the days you stayed with us.

All the staff and myself go above and beyond to assure always a lovely stay to all our guests. Nevertheless your comment has been taken into account serioulsy and I truly appreciate your collaboration because it help us to improve.
We have already bought some products to avoid the smell in some rooms.
About the blankets, we do provide them, but not in summer, as we consider night summers in Barcelona are quite warm.
Regarding your comment in our breakfast we apologize if the breakfast was not as you expected it was. We will make sure that for example, we won't have more comments like yours.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon in order to give you the excellent service you deserve.

Best regards,

I hope that you could give us a second chance to restore your faith in us. I would be delighted to welcome you back here with us on your future travel to Barcelona.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great rooms and clean (especially compared to the hotel next door, Grupotel.) We stayed Grupotel one night although we were supposed to stay three nights, we quickly changed to stay this hotel since it looks great on the picture and great reviews. However, the sawage like smell is terrible in the room, just like I experienced at the Grupotel. They must have bad plumbing issues or something. If you don’t care about bad smell of the room, highly recommend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Yuri V,

On behalf of the entire team we would like to thank you for taking the time to write your opinion about your recent stay at Midmost.
I am sorry that your visit to Midmost was no up to the excellent standards you expected and I ask you to accept my sincerest apologies.
We sincerely appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve. We will make an extensive review to all our plumbing issues to try to fix the problem you mention in your comment.
I hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon in order to offer you the excellent service you deserve.

Maribel Ponce

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Pros: Great location, comfortable rooms, healthy breakfast and friendly staff. We really enjoyed our stay.

Cons: One of the rooms we booked was a ‘superior’ room, but we asked to switch it as it had no natural light and was outside a noisy air vent. Room was switched easily but for a small additional charge as the new room was better.

The swimming pool is really small!!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear TommyGladstone,

We have no words to express our most sincere thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about your recent stay with us.
We are thrilled to learn that you loved the comfort of our rooms, the location, the healthy breakfast and the staff.
We are also happy that finally you got the room you expeceted just for an extra charge.
We apologize if the size of the pool did not meet your expectations. However, if you look in our website you have the exact mesures and a picture of it, always to avoid your disappointment when you arrive.

Overall, thank you very much for your review.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Yours sincerely.