We stayed at the Holiday Inn Barcelona with our two daughters (age 8 and 11) from 18th-20th August 2012. We arrived at 10.30 in the morning, having had to vacate our villa, and were very grateful to be able to check in immediately despite check in time usually being 2pm.
We found the hotel to be a perfect base from which to explore the city if you simply require somewhere to rest your head in between days of sightseeing! True there was not a lot of space in the room with the bed and bed settee out, but if you are not intending to spend much time in the room, it really was not a problem, and worth it for the price. The fact that breakfast is included was really useful so that once we left the hotel we could get straight on with sight seeing rather than having to use up valuable time finding somewhere else to eat.
The staff on the front desk were extremely helpful and friendly, and gave us a bag to fill with croissants and rolls etc on the morning of our departure, as we had to check out before the breakfast time began.
The hotel's close proximity to the Ronda Litoral was a bonus for us as we were driving in our own car and did not relish the thought of driving far in the centre of Barcelona! Yes the car park is extremely tight, however the fact that we actually had somewhere to park securely was a huge bonus. The tip is to get around the tight bend on your way out before pressing the button; otherwise the door may shut on you before you're ready, as happened to us!
All in all, a successful trip, and an especially good hotel if travelling with children and/or a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22@opened in May 2008.A privileged location within the new architectural project 'Barcelona 22@' with easy access makes the hotel an ideal choice for both business and leisure travellers.The Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22@ is located at few minutes away from the Barcelona International Convention Centre (CCIB), Forum Area and the beach of 'Mar Bella'. The Sagrada Familia, the Barceloneta area, Plaza Catalunya, las Ramblas and all the major modernist Gaudi's buildings such as La Pedrera & Casa BatllÃ³ are located just at few metro stops away and the Barcelona`s stadium 'Camp Nou' is located 6 km away.Our 186 bedrooms offer a refreshing modern decor, tea & coffee making facilities free of charge, internet access (WIFI in all rooms as well as public areas), flat screen TV with satellite and pay TV available. We offer a delicious complimentary continental buffet breakfast to all our guests!! We are looking forward to welcome you to the 'Hotel Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22@'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Stayforlong S.L., LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Barcelona
- Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22 Catalonia
- Holiday Inn Barcelona