Very first visit to Barcelona. What a place! Fantastic! Landed at Barcelona airport and got aerobus straight to Barcelona centre. We walked for what seemed like an age before we got to the hotel (once we found our bearings though, this walk wasn't too bad). We arrived at hotel and found that the Llacuna station is literally a minute walk from hotel. Llacuna is on the yellow line 4. This is a great line and passes through some useful tourist areas Jaume I, Urquinanona and Passeig de Gracia. The hotel itself is really nice. Rooms are very clean and the staff are all very helpful, professional and friendly. Rooms are air conditioned and the lighting is soft. Only thing that could be improved would be an extra English channel or 2 on the TV and free wifi. That said, you're not in Barcelona to watch TV and you can always utilise the free Barcelona wifi that is easily accessible throughout Barcelona. The breakfast is great to. All continental choice but there is plenty to pick from and the coffee is lovely. Rooms cleaned everyday and the shower is hot and powerful. Although not part of the hotel there is an anytime fitness club directly under the hotel. I never knew this but had I known I'd have brought some gear to go and train a couple of times. The gym also has a studio and some classes including bodypump. Come out of the hotel and turn left....la Rambla de Poblenou. Fantastic tree lined street. Restaurants, cafés, ice cream parlours, cocktail bars. Loads and loads of choice. Fantastic. Turn right and walk straight down...you come to the beach. If you turn left and go the opposite direction, you'll come to a great shopping centre, loads of clothes shops, eateries, cinema and massive Carrefour (superb superstore, like asda, sainsburys). I'm definitely going back to Barcelona and I'm going back to this hotel. If you're looking for 5 star hotels with swimming pools on the roof, go more central. If you want to go soak up Barcelona and all the delights she holds, you can't go wrong with the HI Express. Fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22@opened in May 2008.A privileged location within the new architectural project 'Barcelona 22@' with easy access makes the hotel an ideal choice for both business and leisure travellers.The Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22@ is located at few minutes away from the Barcelona International Convention Centre (CCIB), Forum Area and the beach of 'Mar Bella'. The Sagrada Familia, the Barceloneta area, Plaza Catalunya, las Ramblas and all the major modernist Gaudi's buildings such as La Pedrera & Casa BatllÃ³ are located just at few metro stops away and the Barcelona`s stadium 'Camp Nou' is located 6 km away.Our 186 bedrooms offer a refreshing modern decor, tea & coffee making facilities free of charge, internet access (WIFI in all rooms as well as public areas), flat screen TV with satellite and pay TV available. We offer a delicious complimentary continental buffet breakfast to all our guests!! We are looking forward to welcome you to the 'Hotel Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22@'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Barcelona
- Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22 Catalonia
- Holiday Inn Barcelona