“Excellent & fun experience if you would like learn how to make great photos”

Photowalk Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Photowalk Barcelona is a space for sharing and developing our passion for photography. Depending on your experience and focus of interest, we provide you the chance to participate in different workshops designed to develop your technical, narrative and conceptual skills in Barcelona’s most inspiring spots.
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I enjoyed my afternoon with Matias as he taught me how to improve my photo camera skills and how to make great/better photos. As a very frequent Barcelona visitor I thought that I would have known every spot in Raval and the Gothic area, but Matias showed me places I didn't know and we even passed a photo gallery where we discussed the portrayed photos. As it was a hot afternoon, we drank a well deserved beer at his favorite bar. Well recommended for anyone who wants to improve skills and have a fun afternoon in Barcelona.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

Matias' introduction workshop is a lovely and interesting afternoon in the streets of the Raval district. The teaching philosophy here is definitely "learning-by-doing", which is absolutely amazing when it comes to photography. There is a short theoretical introduction and a large part where we could put into practice what has been discussed. Matias was a very relaxed but at the same time passionate teacher, you can tell that he wants his students to understand and enjoy what they are doing :) With several feedback rounds inbetween and guidance and support by Matias the hours went by way too fast.
An interesting afternoon with a great professional photographer that leaves you full of motivation and enthusiasm for photography. Top!

Reviewed 30 October 2016

I suddenly had an afternoon free in Barcelona. For some time I had been wanting to revise my camera skills, theory and practise of photography, composition etc and while searching the internet chanced upon Photowalk Barcelona. Signing up was easy as was finding the meeting point where I met the Photowalk tutor, Matias. We quickly fell into working as a team of teacher and student. I told Matias what I was looking to do and Matias delivered that and more. We went through the principles of how a digital camera works with Matias checking frequently that I was understanding and then we went out onto the streets of Raval. Under Matias's direction, watchful eye and suggestions and I conducted experiments with light, composition and camera control with Matias answering all my questions. We then looked at the pictures together while Matias provided excellent feed-back while still checking my own understanding of what I had been doing. From this basis, we moved to two further photography exercises using light, street photography techniques and theories of picture composition. By the end of four hours I had travelled a huge distance in my learning and, to boot, had enjoyed every minute of my time. Matias. is knowledgable, experienced and passionate about using the camera to take pictures that tell stories and he communicated all these to me during my Photowalk with him. I cannot recommend Photowalk Barcelona highly enough.

Matias B, Propietario at Photowalk Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Thank you Chris! We indeed had a great time reflecting and photographing around Raval. I admire your dedication and energy for learning new things, please keep me updated about your progress and interests! It was a pleasure to have you as a participant, all best!

Reviewed 23 October 2016

I went for a photo-walk / workshop with Matias witch was a really great experience. He is knowledgeable and has a very engaging, but at the same time a very relaxed style. He doesn't just give you a set of rules or recipes, but through questions, scene analysis, tips and advice he guides you towards understanding how to better express your own creativity through photography, which was exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you Cristian, you've got some talent for this so keep photographing! It was a pleasure to share my knowledge and passion with you. Keep me updated about your progress!