“Fun Historic Restaurant”

Ranked #248 of 9,540 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighbourhood: El Raval
La Marsa, Tunisia
“Fun Historic Restaurant”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were lucky enough to grab a seat just as two people were leaving. The crowd was thick, and the seating tight, but the food was pretty good. The elderly gentleman tending the espresso machine was a hoot. Good for breakfast, but if you want another cool (and maybe less crowded experience), definitely try Bar Central at the other end. Excellent, fresh seafood!

• Visited October 2013

• Turkish first
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Quite a Letdown!”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Based on excellent reviews, my wife and I went to Bar Pinotxo and after waiting a little while, got one of the small tables adjacent to the bar. We ordered three small plates, one local beer, and one "cava" sparkling wine. The three small plates were respectively: excellent, mediocre and poor (did not finish). After requesting the bill, we were charged E54. I questioned the bill, as it appeared we had been charged for several items we had not ordered. The waiter insisted it was correct. I requested some input from my wife (who speaks passable Spanish) and she determined that we had been charged for two extra beverages and two extra tapas. These items were taken off our bill eventually, but I really felt like they had attempted to take advantage of the fact that we were tourists and I did not speak Spanish.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank GoJo18
“The best tapas”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

The personal is nice, caffe very good and the food is the best!!! Great for breakfast or afternoon snack. And they have Pilsner Urquell.

Irvine, California
“Good Food but Long, Long, Long Wait with Invisible System for Queuing”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My sister read good reviews in a tourist book about Pinotxo (I thought she said, Pinocchio!), but we went back and forth in the market seeking what we thought would be a sit-down restaurant. Various friendly strangers gave us directions but we couldn't find it for a long, long time. Then I spotted a bar with the name at a market stall surrounded by people standing and on bar stools. It was very, very crowded. We stood a long, long, long, long time behind a couple that we thought was finishing up, but they weren't. With aching feet and growling tummies, we saw another couple get up and made a beeline for their barstools. However, we were told by a server that the bar was invisibly divided in half, and patrons could take a seat only in the half where they were waiting. I guess locals knew that. After waiting a long, long, long time, a server came out and suggested we wait at a nearby bar table. So we did, happily getting off our feet. We courteously called the server to order and was told the table orders were taken in a certain (unknown to us) sequence. Eventually, we were asked if we wanted meat or fish. We were given good, crusty bread and the bottled water that we ordered. At last. My sister asked for meat; me, fish. I think I had squid and beans (I'm still not sure), and it was delicious. My sister had some kind of meat stew, which she said was yummy. Did I tell you the green salad that came with our dishes was about two tablespoons worth? The bar tables weren't all that clean, and the outdoor market floor was filthy. Although the food was very tasty, I don't think the bill for the two of us at 30.90 euro (about $42.00) not including tip was worth it. It certainly wasn't worth the wait. Next time, we'll graze at the plentiful market stalls with the beautifully displayed food.

• Visited September 2013
San Diego, California
“Thumbs up!!!!!!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Juanitos smile gets you every time!!!! We are from San Diego, Calif. and have watched enough of Rick Steve's shows and I was hoping to see, and meet him! He was there and I got pictures of him. it was really nice to see him, and the food is great.

• Visited August 2013