“Wonderful night out in Barcelona” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Samsara

Samsara
Ranked #1,419 of 9,334 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Gracia
Galway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful night out in Barcelona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Samsara is definitely worth a look! I'd have to disagree strongly with some of the other negative reviews! The food is relatively cheap but incredibly good! The restaurant is full of locals and the staff were really nice! The atmosphere was great and the menu was full of delicious but unusual tapas including skewered shitake mushrooms, seafood, duck and Japanese Empandas! The decor is simply and the layout for eating is a little odd but the staff, wine and food more than makes up for it! Samsara is an essential visit if your spending a night in Gràcia.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank bmdeane

Toronto Ontario
“Fusion food is heavenly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

The tapas here are fusion and you'll find elements of Asian and French and Indian cooking. I really wanted to go back a second time in our one week stay but during festival week, it was always jam packed. Favorite dish was the fois gras tapas. All dished were amazing, and overall, incredibly well priced. Go!

Visited August 2012
“I do not recomend”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

Very bad service, not friendly at all, every single grilled order came with a fish flavor... After complaining they kept being mean. After all, we paid and left, and will never come back

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank alex_talavera
Rome, Italy
“A modern hidden place, relatively cheap and super good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

I just found this place by chace, I was going to try the "Glop", a restaurant that is higly suggested. Altough I cannot tell anything about the Glop, when I arrived there I did not like the kind of old restaurant. I am 24 and I was looking for a younger crowd. Therefore tired I jsut stopped at Samsara, attracted by the coloured lounges and sofa inside. I could not expect to have one of the best dish of my life. Generally I can tell that all the tapas were delicious, they have from the classic one to the most extraordinaries and uncommon. And if you like liver, try the liver and apple tapa. It is delicious!!!! Thank you to all the waiters, very friendly!

• Visited October 2011
Stockholm
“Innovative tapas and relaxed atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2011

With a blackboard menue in Spanish only I'm happy my Catalonian friend joined us for dinner! The best dish was sweet potato with pesto, no contest! But there were also treats such as squid with watermelon and gambas with jamon sauce. Just make sure you stop by for a beer and a tapas or two!

• Visited February 2010