“It used to be my little secret but now I share this great place with many people”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Samsara

Samsara
Ranked #1,642 of 9,396 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Gracia
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This is my little secret spot in my city. i live in the US, but always I come back I need to come here, chill, nice service, and that food, gorgeous.
The reinvented platillos are a great concept. And safe room for the dessert, they have the best Tuna tartar ever.
So here is a point to be made, go with open mind, this is a neo-hippie place is the alternative quarter of Barcelona, let your taste buds rule, not the way the place looks, this is no fancy design, it's clean and great.
The question is that they never thought it would succeed this much, the local is small and gets crowded, if you reserve the earliest hours is easier to chat with the waiter and get recommendations.
If you speckt a tipical restaurant just don't dear to try, the sits are mainly ottomans low tables, but great food over all.
This is Barcelona any spot can be amazing and samsara shows that.

• Visited February 2013
Samsarabcn, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Samsara, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thanks for your opinion, your time and your generous sharings.
We are very pleased to have pleased you.
We strive to give the best quality products without losing our original touch and we are happy to have achieved it in your case.
We recently open on saturdays and sundays from 12:30 to 15:30 if you ever want to have lunch with us and get it less crowded.
Be always welcomed.

Barcelona, Spain
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I found this place a couple of years ago and i keep going back. Friendly staff, wonderful food, not too expensive. I dont understand the negative comments at all! When my friends come over to visit they always ask if we can go back to Samsara.

• Visited September 2012
Thank you so much for your comments and your support!
We know we can not like everyone, but we are not going to stop trying.
We are very happy to have pleased you and your friends.
If you like, now we also open on weekends at noon.
Be always welcome! We love you, too! ;-)
Galway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful night out in Barcelona”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Samsara is definitely worth a look! I'd have to disagree strongly with some of the other negative reviews! The food is relatively cheap but incredibly good! The restaurant is full of locals and the staff were really nice! The atmosphere was great and the menu was full of delicious but unusual tapas including skewered shitake mushrooms, seafood, duck and Japanese Empandas! The decor is simply and the layout for eating is a little odd but the staff, wine and food more than makes up for it! Samsara is an essential visit if your spending a night in Gràcia.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank bmdeane
Toronto Ontario
“Fusion food is heavenly”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

The tapas here are fusion and you'll find elements of Asian and French and Indian cooking. I really wanted to go back a second time in our one week stay but during festival week, it was always jam packed. Favorite dish was the fois gras tapas. All dished were amazing, and overall, incredibly well priced. Go!

Visited August 2012
“I do not recomend”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Very bad service, not friendly at all, every single grilled order came with a fish flavor... After complaining they kept being mean. After all, we paid and left, and will never come back

1 Thank alex_talavera