“French/Italian influence in Barrio Gotico”
Review of Cheese Me - CLOSED

Cheese Me
Price range: US$30 - US$47
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: El Born / La Ribera
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We did quite well following the list of tapas bars and restaurants I had made for our trip to Bvarcelona but this time we just felt like lunch and my love of cheese made restaurant names Cheese Me seem irresistible. It was one of our few diversions from the Spanish cuisine as I would say this place was Mediterranean more than anything and a bit of a mix between Spanish, French and Italian.

After a lot of fish and meat we opted for salads as starters, a deconstructed Cesar salad and a tomato and mozarella, both fresh and light.

For mains we had beef carpaccio and a steak. The steak was cooked perfectly.
After that a coffee, some pacharan and people watching was the perfect way to spend a couple of lunchtime hours. I adore the unrushed way of life but guess it is part of the holiday charm.

To read more and more pics go to: http://petra08.wordpress.com/2013/03/28/frenchitalian-influence-in-barrio-gotico/

Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

We ate here on our last night in Barcelona. It's such a shame that this was our last meal as it was our worst. A previous review says it was the best meal they'd had in barcelona - I would seriously question where else they had been eating!

We were in the city off peak so they had a 3 course deal for about €15. They may do this all year round, I'm not sure. Without this deal you would be looking at about €10 per main. The set menu had enough choices to please the vegetarian and the omnivore but we were both unimpressed by the quality of the food. The onion soup was bland. They served what appeared to be crisps with the beef main and the portion sizes were tiny. I really hope that these small portions were unique to the deal as I would be very annoyed if I'd paid full whack for such a small amount of food.

The restaurant itself has an interesting design. However the chairs are at an angle and extremely uncomfortable. The waiting staff were surly and they managed to get our dessert order wrong even though we were the only people in there.

Very unimpressed!

1  Thank Teamporsereturns
Reviewed 16 March 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our tour guide and I must say he was right on the button. For 10 euros we ate a 3 course meal that was delicious. Caprese salad, Duck Confit and desert plus a drink. The restaurant was nice and modern and also has an outside terrce as well. The staff were polite and spoke eglish well. Its a great place to stop for lunch while touring the Gothic and Jewish quarters.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

A small restaurant in the gothic area. Went there at lunch time and ate with 10 eur a delicous lunch with salad, main course, dessert and red wine! Very fresh and tasty ingredients, restaurant overall very clean service minded.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

There are a large number of nice eateries in Barcelona and Cheese Me fits in nicely into the mix. A good range of A La Carte meals and even a three course bargain menu give plenty to choose from and the restaurant offers a nice smart environment to dine in.