“Best in the area”

Ranked #2,278 of 9,924 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This is a great little spot in a very commercial and touristy area. We sat at the bar which was great as we could see all the tapas. The guy serving us was polite and attentive.
We ordered a range of tapas and they were all good. Not the best we had had in Spain but a lot better than what was being served in other restaurants close by.
The bar atmosphere was great and would recommend sitting inside opposed to outside.

There are newer reviews for Taverna del Bisbe

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Ordered an "American hamburger"...it came raw, asked the waiter to fix it. She took it back, put it on the grill again and brought the same already bitten burger back with the same fries. Nothing further away from an american burger...The coca cola was good!!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I recently moved to Barcelona and when my friends visited last weekend we were looking for a place to have a late breakfast/ early lunch, following our walk in the city centre.

The expectations were not high to begin with but as we were not looking for a dining experience but for a quick bite to eat before going to the beach, we decided to stop by this place and have a meal on their terrace.

We ordered a selection of what seamed a very ordinary, tourist aimed tapas and after a while the food arrived. Needless to say, the quality was absolutely terrible, patatas bravas swimming in oil, 2 portions of manchego cheese consisted of 5!!! thin slices of the same...It makes you wonder if they usually serve 2.5 slices in a portion?!!!

And we ordered a Greek salad as well. I tried a bit of everything and immediately lost all appetite I had, it was that bad. Then I had a bite of the Greek salad and bit into something very crunchy. You can imagine my utter disbelief when I discovered that what I bit into was a small piece of glass. I called the waiter over, told him what happened and asked for a manager.

10 minutes later the same waiter turned up again with another salad, no apology was offered nor have we seen the manager.

Furthermore, the salad remained on the bill.

I eat out often and know not to expect much from places like these but I felt I needed to warn everyone to stay away from this place unless they like bad food, bad service, really high prices and the possibility of losing a tooth!!

1  Thank Zorge2014
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Delicious tapas and fast service, perfect location in the mid of Gotic, next to the impressive cathedral.
I definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

On the corner of the Cathedral placa this is a wonderful restaurant. We had tapas one day, the fixed meal menu another and went back for more. Reasonable, but not inexpensive the food is terrific. Service is good. Inside or outside tables.